British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Ipswich Monday June 6th Live on TV

16 minutes ago, Col said:

I'm far from a fan of the racing at my local track - haven't been since the SooperTroopers farewell!

But Eurosport cameras at the NSS tomorrow will paint a poor picture of British Speedway regardless of how the racing is with 3 riders missing.

If the racing is good then i think it paints a good picture, guests are part of the sport and you often get guests in televised  meetings.

• Like 1

I'll only be watching this because it's from the best track in the country (world?), the fact that this meeting has been arranged for today let alone put on telly is farcical with multiple riders missing. British speedway is an expert in shooting itself in the foot time and time and time again. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

If the racing is good then i think it paints a good picture, guests are part of the sport and you often get guests in televised  meetings.

But Belle Vue haven't arranged to have a guest for their #1!

• Like 1

Going to be very small crowd tonight, pre-sales very poor, 4 riders missing and on TV means lot of people staying at home to watch it. 

Miserable, damp, cold (for June) weather doesn't induce enthusiasm much either.

3 minutes ago, Col said:

Miserable, damp, cold (for June) weather doesn't induce enthusiasm much either.

No but at least it’s a dry day for Manchester. We will take that 

12 hours ago, Beowulf said:

And you're an Ipswich fan ?

BB is far from an Ipswich fan:lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tellboy said:

BB is far from an Ipswich fan:lol:

There's something i need to tell you Tellboy..  I  can't  do this anymore  :blink:

Come Out The Closet GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Acceptance of mediocrity only encourages the BSPA to think even less about the paying customers who keep their businesses afloat.

• Like 7

Wont be many paying customers tonight, for me its a night out then a few beers, hope the racing is better for this one

18 hours ago, GregoryM said:

It will be interesting to see how the R/Rs work out from the no.1 position. Etheridge at no.2 can only take the heat 15 R/R which will be the hardest of the four rides to cover. So, if Aces want to save that ride for Wright or Zagar, then Brennan will need to take one of the other rides which will mean partnering Etheridge. That could be difficult too depending on which Ipswich pair is in that one.

As for guests  I believe Ellis and Holder are in the GP qualifiers too, so that would narrow the choice considerably. Wonder if NKI was approached but wasn't available for one reason or another?

Aces could hand put Kurtz or Zagar at 2, with the other at 5, then use them as a pairing in heat 13 if they wanted to?

13 hours ago, foreverblue said:

The 100's of empty seats in the grandstand as the infield camera shows the race starts wont be painting a good picture in any way shape or form..

As has been said, totally ludicrous to run a meeting on a night when it would be 100% expected to have riders from either team, (and probably both), missing..

The message it screams out is "League Speedway doesnt really matter anyway"...

And if the Promoters are quite happy to not take it seriously, then what chance have you got of convincing the fans to? 

Not to mention, broadcasters and sponsors...

Now. No doubt some of those "devotees" will say "fixture congestion, no dates available" as so many do from both leagues on this platform when the same thing happens time and time again..

However, you can guarantee that any meeting that gets rained off will still get ran later in the season, therefore dates are always available.. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The 100's of empty seats in the grandstand as the infield camera shows the race starts wont be painting a good picture in any way shape or form..

As has been said, totally ludicrous to run a meeting on a night when it would be 100% expected to have riders from either team, (and probably both), missing..

The message it screams out is "League Speedway doesnt really matter anyway"...

And if the Promoters are quite happy to not take it seriously, then what chance have you got of convincing the fans to? 

Not to mention, broadcasters and sponsors...

Now. No doubt some of those "devotees" will say "fixture congestion, no dates available" as so many do from both leagues on this platform when the same thing happens time and time again..

However, you can guarantee that any meeting that gets rained off will still get ran later in the season, therefore dates are always available.. 

Or a meeting that gets rained off early in the season gets ran late in the season on appalling conditions to complete the League.

• Like 1

Surely streaming all meetings will be better than the Eurosport deal.  Get people paying to watch instead of following speedway updates. 

If you're not attending they're still getting the money 

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Surely streaming all meetings will be better than the Eurosport deal.  Get people paying to watch instead of following speedway updates. 

If you're not attending they're still getting the money 

Stick with discovery app please! 6.99 monthly is a lot cheaper than 11.99 per meeting!!