British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole and return leg. 27-29/7/22. Jubilee League

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure @NeilWatson will know. Not sure if you can have guests for second string riders. But if both out then would have to have one guest. So probably could have 6 guests and r/r? 

It is possible to have seven guests! Would be an unlikely set of circumstances though ….

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure @NeilWatson will know. Not sure if you can have guests for second string riders. But if both out then would have to have one guest. So probably could have 6 guests and r/r? 

Well Pearson been called up for Australia U21s on Friday believe we had  Jack Thomas and Alfie Bowtell lined up to ride Thomas pulled out obviously and Bowtell was withdrawn at Oxford tonight

I was going to go on Friday as I’m down that way but not now.

Just now, zlata prilba said:

Well Pearson been called up for Australia U21s on Friday believe we had  Jack Thomas and Alfie Bowtell lined up to ride Thomas pulled out obviously and Bowtell was withdrawn at Oxford tonight

Both pretty decent at Poole, so bit unlucky there. Not sure what Poole are doing with both Drew and Nathan in Europe on Friday. Drew at the SON u21 and Nathan in a u19 meeting. 

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Serious question - are there any rules about the number of guests in a 1-7?

I guess it depends which team it is... 

If Worrall and King got injured, Lawson got locked up, the Cooks got deported for visa irregularities, Kemp lost his strength when he had his hair cut and only Ablitt was left old Matt would be on the phone from the chateau and get dispensation for 6 for a few months. 

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Serious question - are there any rules about the number of guests in a 1-7?

It’s all in the rule book. I’m out at the moment but IIRC a guest can be used for 1,2,3,6 and 7. For 4 &5 - one out is usually RR, both out RR & Guest, but if they’re representing their FMN a guest can be used - so 7 guests is possible.

Edited by NeilWatson
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Both pretty decent at Poole, so bit unlucky there. Not sure what Poole are doing with both Drew and Nathan in Europe on Friday. Drew at the SON u21 and Nathan in a u19 meeting. 

It don't make it any easier getting guests when Sunny Redcar Glasgow Edinburgh all riding too

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

It’s all in the rule book. I’m out at the moment but IIRC a guest can be used for 1,2,3,6 and 7. For 4 &5 - one out is usually RR, both out RR & Guest, but if they’re representing their FMN a guest can be used - so 7 guests is possible.

That would be my answer as well. Incidentally Redcar did once name 6 guests and r/r for a match at Sheffield that was rained off. I think they 'only' used 5 guests and r/r for the restating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I've been to all 3 in a working capacity. Isn't it amazing what European funding can do?!

Oh well, there won't be much more of that in the future then, will there? Still, we got our country back, innit?

• Haha 1

Birmingham should try and get as many Leicester riders to guest as possible or maybe Oxford as there soon. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Just like to say speedy recovery to Ash Morris and Stef Nielsen. Also a big well done to Ben Cook tonight. I don't think he gets enough credit for his performances this season. Especially if his meetings are only for us. Unless he has been getting some extra meetings now? He definitely deserves them. 

Not a bad meeting, some good races especially early on, shame about the injuries, Morris one looked bad, hope he makes a speedy recovery, all the best to Stef too, didn't look too bad but withdrew so maybe worse than it looked, his mum was standing next to me at the time so she rushed off and didn't return. Very interesting chat with the Cooks mum and dad. So a good night,result never in doubt but would have been closer without the injuries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hopefully Birmingham will be able to put out a more competitive team on Friday night. Don’t want to watch a rout.

Perhaps best you don't go then.........

• Like 1

Seriously .... 'What is the point of trying to run Friday's meeting' ? 

Back to my previous 'post' ? Is anybody, apart from Lisa, that bothered ?

Speedway becomes more of a farce by the day.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Seriously .... 'What is the point of trying to run Friday's meeting' ? 

Back to my previous 'post' ? Is anybody, apart from Lisa, that bothered ?

Speedway becomes more of a farce by the day.....

Doesn't matter who is bothered the meeting still has to be run. Birmingham's full team would struggle, the guests did ok last night especially Jason Edwards who I thought was excellent, it would have been closer if Stefan and Ashley didn't get injured.