British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
secsy1

Time to move on

Well it has been years since we had some refreshing new commentators in speedway.

Continually everyone goes on about the ageing spectators and a requirement for fresh new young ones to be introduced to the sport.

With the Advent of the BSN speedway and Clubs live streaming of matches a fresh young batch of presenters and commentators have arrived.

So stop bringing past old riders who cannot pronounce names, mix up riders and generally talk crap with poor presenters.

The British GP would have been far more entertaining, presentable and acceptable ( irrespective of the track) with the presentation teams

from Belle Vue and Scunthorpe

Edited by secsy1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

Well it has been years since we had some refreshing new commentators in speedway.

Continually everyone goes on about the ageing spectators and a requirement for fresh new young ones to be introduced to the sport.

With the Advent of the BSN speedway and Clubs live streaming of matches a fresh young batch of presenters and commentators have arrived.

So stop bringing past old riders who cannot pronounce names, mix up riders and generally talk crap with poor presenters.

The British GP would have been far more entertaining, presentable and acceptable ( irrespective of the track) with the following presentation team.

Hayley Bromley, Spencer Dent, Dan Palmer and Paul Bowen.

Well that’s certainly a point of view and you are entitled to it 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Hayley Bromley could be the new Natalie quirk like her on BSN 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Listening to Hayley Bromley is like scratching polystyrene. 

Lee Kilby is head and shoulders above any of the newer Streaming Presenters. 

Knows the Sport too. 

Edited by HGould
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't necessarily think the commentators need updating. I think what's needed is this need to lie when it's a crap meeting. No other sport does it. Football, Cricket, Rugby etc, if it's a bad game it gets called a bad game. If someone's playing awful, they get called awful. 

The constant positivity has a negative effect. Take Cardiff yesterday for instance, it was a horrible watch, yet the commentary was bigging it up. If you're new to the sport & they're seeing the commentary bigging it up, why are these people going to give the sport a chance? They'd think "if this is good racing, I'd hate to see bad racing." 

JUST STOP THE LIES, WE DO HAVE EYES

can-you-hear-me-how-ridiculous.gif

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't necessarily think the commentators need updating. I think what's needed is this need to lie when it's a crap meeting. No other sport does it. Football, Cricket, Rugby etc, if it's a bad game it gets called a bad game. If someone's playing awful, they get called awful. 

The constant positivity has a negative effect. Take Cardiff yesterday for instance, it was a horrible watch, yet the commentary was bigging it up. If you're new to the sport & they're seeing the commentary bigging it up, why are these people going to give the sport a chance? They'd think "if this is good racing, I'd hate to see bad racing." 

agree completely, no one will be making plans to attend their local track after that lot. The essential dichotomy is: good track, good racing, smaller crowd, good telly; or yesterday's serving. My choice would be the former. 

Having attended 4 Wembley finals, great occasions for sure but not purist racing in the main so its not a new issue

16 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

...something that Dave Lanning once commented. If a race was bad just admit it and say that something better will come along shortly (hopefully!)

Edited by steve roberts

Maybe Kelv and co are instructed by their paymasters to keep comments positive.

Boris Johnston will be out of a job soon and he is a Britains biggest habitual lier. Get him signed up!

Only one who uttered an ounce of credibility was Jason Crump when he said seen worse tracks but just got on with it. 

Dangerous track....Now if Cardiff is not good enough I am sure Mildenhall can accommodate the British GP in 2023

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Very poor weekend for Kelvin, I'd say.

For all of us I'd say.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Only one who uttered an ounce of credibility was Jason Crump when he said seen worse tracks but just got on with it.

Crump was the biggest moaner known to man on the GP circuit in his era. He was endlessly at Ole Olsen to have tracks ultra slick to suit him and him only, and always had to have the loudest voice. No way would he have ridden that track 15 years ago, he would have lead a rider walkout or tried to. Amazing how he sees himself now with that comment.

• Like 3

Tatum was way above Crump when it came to moaning about track conditions, the passing of time alters people's memories.

• Like 2