British Speedway Forum
Col

BHM 29.08 Aces v Wolves [12:00] Wolves v Aces [20:00 on EuroSport]

Just now, PhilTheAce said:

Could be some wolves changes for tonight. 

rr for worrall and Pickering for Douglas. 

but nothing announced yet so not sure if that’s happening now 

Just announced 

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Great to see Steve Worrall's shoulder and back injuries seem to have healed nicely!

Or not.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Col said:

I assume Worrall has a higher current average than Douglas then? Sure that wasn't the case when I looked at Speedway Stats this morning.... but that did have Fricke as highest in Aces averages.

You are not looking at green sheet averages then.

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/p22_issue_17.pdf

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Could be some wolves changes for tonight. 

rr for worrall and Pickering for Douglas. 

but nothing announced yet so not sure if that’s happening now 

Pickering will make the meeting more interesting but I don't think he scores well on his Monmore visits.

23 minutes ago, Rob B said:

You are not looking at green sheet averages then.

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/p22_issue_17.pdf

Didn't say I had, just had a quick look at http://speedway-stats.co.uk/. I did look at the GSA's before starting the thread to see if Ace's line-up would need to change - was Zagar still #1.  Should have checked program I suppose as believe averages are listed, but after reading what I want it gets shoved in a pocket.

Thought this morning's meeting was one of the poorer offerings entertainment wise this season which is a shame because the crowd in the Grandstand was the best of the season.

Aces were generally lackluster with the exception of the reserves & Fricke  Blodorn deserved an extra ride instead of Wright in heat 14 & if eligible a heat 15 outing also, easily the most impressive Ace on show.

Wolves just don't have the fire power to win at the NSS against this Aces team, Masters did all you can expect of him, Fricke hunted him down to take victory on the line in heat 13.  Becker was the best visitor, the 0 on his scorecard was unlucky, he wasn't gating really and in heat 12 had nowhere to go.  Kurtz was as wide as anyone went (3/4 towards the fence), Blodorn was hugging the white line while Kemp.was trying to cover both lines to Keep both Aces behind.  Morris was poor, Worrall started Ok but faded, Flint was gating well.& riding a decent line just didn't have enough speed to keep home riders behind him.

32 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

See if Josh screws his own team over or not... Only time will tell!

Well Klindt did earlier! 

Can't see the Aces getting anything tonight - hope I'm wrong but I think t will be around 50-40

1 hour ago, Lynnfan91 said:

See if Josh screws his own team over or not... Only time will tell!

Surely he has to look after No1.He may as well score as much as he can for his own bank balance,as he won't get any extra meetings for Lynn in the play-offs.That boat sailed a long time ago.Same with Klindt earlier.

• Like 1

Sam Masters turning left from the tapes....:D

Obviously having to start in a straight line is an optional extra in the UK...:rolleyes:

Kelvin says 'watch Zagar' and they immediately turn to ruddy helmet cam so you miss all of the action!  Get rid of the thing!

Edited by Christine Hawes
  • Like 3