British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Stars v Panthers 01/09/22

I would have thought a decent guest for Palm Toft and RR for Andersen would have been a better way to go and possibly attract a few Panthers fans but Lambert and Wright do nothing for me and like a lot of others I will pass.

Like a lot of others on here I will not travel to watch an uncompetitive team.

Crowds so far at Peterborough have been good with Mondays attendance very good but this attitude to guests is testing everyone’s patience.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Redpanther said:

Yet another p*ss take line up from the Peterborough p*ss takers, sorry panthers. Sooner rather burn the £40 in entry and fuel than watch that. Be all on basso and Harris

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Wright and Lambert ride together 3 times, that's 3. Nicholls say 6 (probably from 7 rides), then Harris12 from 7 and Basso 9 from 6. Sounds plausible.

If Harris & Basso are presumably going to be your best riders, why have them riding together at 1 & 2 three times?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I would have thought a decent guest for Palm Toft and RR for Andersen would have been a better way to go and possibly attract a few Panthers fans but Lambert and Wright do nothing for me and like a lot of others I will pass.

Crowds so far at Peterborough have been good with Mondays attendance very good but this attitude to guests is testing everyone’s patience.

It would seem riders do not want to do too much racing in case of getting injuries at this vital stage of the season. Even in the Championship, Redcar & Scunthorpe could not get guests to cover Riss & Douglas Friday & Saturday. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

If Harris & Basso are presumably going to be your best riders, why have them riding together at 1 & 2 three times?

I doubt whether either team care a great deal  over the result.

• Thanks 1

It's hard to take 'lack of riders' excuse.

Only two other teams racing in the country, yes riders don't want to ride all the time, could be planning on travelling etc. 

The fact that Lambo is clearly the  promotions favourite, even if there were better choices I doubt they would go for them.

Alex Spooner at 7 I see.

Club bosses have slapped the fan base in the face all season long so why stop now.

Pathetic line-up again. Pretty obvious the club is trying to save as much money as possible now. 

27 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Personally like management I have no interest in this fixture or result. I do not blame management for parsimony as long as they do not expect  fans to turn up., for what is no more than a farce

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Lambert and Wright should get 6 between them.

40 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It would seem riders do not want to do too much racing in case of getting injuries at this vital stage of the season. Even in the Championship, Redcar & Scunthorpe could not get guests to cover Riss & Douglas Friday & Saturday. 

Money dictates what sort of guest you get, always has and always will.

Riders worried about getting injuries shouldn’t be riding speedway.

• Like 1

This line up Peterborough are putting out for a local derby at Lynn tonight...discusting treatment to the fans..do they expect us to travel and pay to watch that crap?...Buster Chapman is like a kid who's got bored of his new toy.

Sadly Panthers options are impacted by not being able to call on Chris Harris as a guest! B)

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

You would think they would try and keep them apart as much as possible.Peterborough could possibly have had their two best riders in about 12 of the races.

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

They are not my best riders, neither of them ride for any of the five teams I support.