British Speedway Forum
Odds On

Swindon Stadium

5 hours ago, Toady said:

In other words ..carry on..the biggest laugh of course is  they bulid a stand ( if you can call it that )in a Staduium that only stages Greyhound Meetings that Osbourne in his own  Words admits no one watches anymore...some of this stuff you cant make up.

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Taylor Wimpy have built houses on a site that they shouldn't have yet. They must develop 100's of these sites a year. I suspect the BS is coming from Tomlinson and his cronies who knew all along that the planning permission wasn't reliant on a fully completed stadium despite what they said from day dot. They are now being challenged on it and are blaming others. Let's hope the rat is voted out this year. 

Does make you think, when the application was approved, it wasn't very water tight. Osborne isn't a spring chicken these days, one day he will get tired, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Edited by Deano

Why haven't the BSPL taken the licence off Russell yet? Any serious association would have had the licence off him as soon as he joined Osbourne in making that statement about speedway not being viable at the Abbey & joining Swindon Mototorsport.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, orion said:

In other words ..carry on..the biggest laugh of course is  they bulid a stand ( if you can call it that )in a Staduium

And you call myself an idiot:unsure:You inbred uneducated Cock!!!!:blink:

The new Swindon Greenhouse was temporarily blown of situ over the weekend, the new Greenhouse which is made of Canvas, Scaffold Poles and Metal Storage Containers was supposed to be used as pits for the none existent Speedway at Blunsdon Stadium, this shows what a joke Osborne & Co actually are..

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/24069889.storm-isha-damage-caused-swindons-abbey-stadium/?fbclid=IwAR1qR5oD1vQViutlr7l8O_74_Wtdm-stCjnyUYp0vK

Absolute joke. Osborne again is showing his colours. From a Poole point of view all these red flags during the Swindon Build and the 'return' of speedway to the site. This is a good track record and would be used against him if he tried to force housing on the Poole stadium site through BCP. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Makes my blood boil when I hear these politicians constantly saying they're going to "look" at things... code for I acknowledge your concern but absolutely nothing will be done about it! :angry:

On 1/8/2024 at 11:38 AM, Toady said:

How about the Monmore,Crayford, and Shawfield as well.

In Taylor Wimpey's country wide list of house names they also have the "Byford" . They wouldn't would they?

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2024 at 9:27 PM, Chris said:

Why haven't the BSPL taken the licence off Russell yet? Any serious association would have had the licence off him as soon as he joined Osbourne in making that statement about speedway not being viable at the Abbey & joining Swindon Mototorsport.

This! One hundred times, this!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frigbo said:

This! One hundred times, this!

Perhaps if they could have ,they would have and most certainly should (Swiftly)have.

On 1/24/2024 at 9:27 PM, Chris said:

You could add and also wanting BE to build on Brandon stadium. To allow someone to be in partnership with a guy who has such an open negative agenda against anything related to speedway is a reason in itself to have zero faith in the BSPL.

Edited by Deano

3 hours ago, Deano said:

is a reason in itself to have zero faith in the BSPL.

Add to that that they have watched Buster Chapman seemingly take one of their Premier clubs down without a fight while profiting from that club's demise, in terms of infrastructure and riders for his other lot. I make no comment on him & AEPG! Added to that, he's allowed to hang on to the licence with no interest in the Peterborough Speedway survival fight. He seems happy to run down the clock to finish Panthers and the BSPL appear happy that he does that as a member of their flock? It is indeed hard to take them seriously!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toady said:

Perhaps if they could have ,they would have and most certainly should (Swiftly)have.

I'm fairly sure that the rule used to be (it might still be I don't know) that your licence was protected for 3 years from closure provided of course the finances were in order.

After that they could entertain applications from any interested parties

Anyone know the up to date position 

On 1/26/2024 at 11:15 AM, Deano said:

You could add and also wanting BE to build on Brandon stadium. To allow someone to be in partnership with a guy who has such an open negative agenda against anything related to speedway is a reason in itself to have zero faith in the BSPL.

And Poole! which he is planning on trying to get planning on.