British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

2 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

If you’re an honourable businessman then a verbal contract should be all that’s ever needed, too many people in the world operate with bad faith

Verbal contracts are legally enforceable (unless they relate to land/buildings)

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe from some 'fans' on here, its an anti-Aussie thing, but I hope young Ben Cook doesn't get similar treatment!

I really don't think it is as the vast majority of Aussie speedway riders have and do ride here in a professional manner, the ones who don't are those who have been called out on this thread. If Ben Cook works hard and behaves he'll be fine I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Chapman needs to p1ss off out the club. Didn't he only buy it because the top league needed a certain amount of clubs when he was chairman?

He did his job, now go. 

Tomalin seems to have the passion and money behind him to move the club forward. Chapman is a dinosaur and the club won't last long if he's in charge for much longer. Can you really see Chapman going to the council and fighting for the future of the club and putting ideas for a new stadium in front of them? How a bloke like this was in charge of the sport sums it up I'm afraid.

He owns the club. Why should he p155 off:).. If TM would like to buy it for a reasonable price i'm sure a deal will be done. If not he can stay as a sponsor and not get above his station, and Buster remains the owner. Simples..

• Like 1

Who Says No? :D

128200764_Untitled(4).png.2864aa06cef58eb0f0ca1937cc9f3b35.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Chapman needs to p1ss off out the club. Didn't he only buy it because the top league needed a certain amount of clubs when he was chairman?

He did his job, now go. 

Tomalin seems to have the passion and money behind him to move the club forward. Chapman is a dinosaur and the club won't last long if he's in charge for much longer. Can you really see Chapman going to the council and fighting for the future of the club and putting ideas for a new stadium in front of them? How a bloke like this was in charge of the sport sums it up I'm afraid.

Talk about ungrateful.If Buster hadn't stepped in,chances are you wouldn't have a club to support any more.The public don't know the reasons why any sale hasn't happened   because its none of our business .We can only speculate as to why holders tram place has fallen through, probably because the sale of the club hasn't gone ahead,then you only have to look at his response to see that its just as well with Buster still at the helm.

Buster might not be everyone's cup of tea but if you count lynn, Leicester Peterborough, belle vue and rumours of a guarantee in ippo's  first season back in the top flight as being helped to a greater or lesser degree by him in the last few seasons, there wouldn't be much of a league 

• Like 3

Chris is a Rye House supporter.

Just a short story to take minds off the current situation, i read someone called buster a dinosaur 

So my only real experience of buster is as follows...

Few years ago when he was BSPA chairman and running british speedway i tried to contact him without success to pitch.... a league streaming idea

After non responses i emailed him saying i was interested in sponsoring the league

I got a call back that day and i managed to pitch the streaming idea

He apologised for not getting in touch

He said he doesnt really do email

He struggles to use his phone

And doesn't think streaming will help as fans pay in person to watch speedway

Definitely a dinosaur but one who has to his credit done alot of good for the sport

6 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Just a short story to take minds off the current situation, i read someone called buster a dinosaur 

So my only real experience of buster is as follows...

Few years ago when he was BSPA chairman and running british speedway i tried to contact him without success to pitch.... a league streaming idea

After non responses i emailed him saying i was interested in sponsoring the league

I got a call back that day and i managed to pitch the streaming idea

He apologised for not getting in touch

He said he doesnt really do email

He struggles to use his phone

And doesn't think streaming will help as fans pay in person to watch speedway

Definitely a dinosaur but one who has to his credit done alot of good for the sport

That's fair but the world moves on

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Having read the last few pages, if it was in most other businesses an employee (or self employed contractor) had been offered a deal, had accepted it and made all arrangements, had been measured for the company uniform and even received his uniform with his name on it - only to then find out that it wasn't going to happen, then for sure I wouldn't blame the person for going public!

As for the point about giving away the kevlar design, I would suggest the Insta/FB photo gets more publicity than the exposure from P&P day!!

Maybe from some 'fans' on here, its an anti-Aussie thing, but I hope young Ben Cook doesn't get similar treatment!

Hopefully Ben is only there for this season, then back to Poole, if we move back up 

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

only two riders acted like brats in that night in July 2017.

from what i saw on the night, there were Poole riders not wanting to continue also but the manager saw a chance to take advantage of the situation and got his team riding

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, stevehone said:

from what i saw on the night, there were Poole riders not wanting to continue also but the manager saw a chance to take advantage of the situation and got his team riding

Were the Poole riders concerned all Holders mates?:D

Seems typical of Speedway  and the mindset of those in charge   that they are content and possibly do not seem to give a stuff  that they are turning what could be Panthers last season into an obscene charade

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Not only Peterborough fans either.:)

So true. Nearly put that myself but didn't want to go off on a tangent. So many similarities between Coventry & Peterborough, in that we've both suffered the sublime and ridiculous ends of the promotional merry go round!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Were the Poole riders concerned all Holders mates?:D

Well one of them was his brother! I don't completely blame Chris Holder, I spoke to him at the play offs at Poole and he still vividly remembers his crash at Coventry, like most of us who were there, he said he didn't think he would walk again let alone ride  so understandable he had concerns about a slightly dodgy track.

• Haha 1