British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, Pitch said:

Definitely not Kings Lynn.

Maybe take in some meetings at Leicester. 

If Mildenhall went up to the championship I would be interested in going there. I have been to a few NDL meetings there and it wasn't great.

I went to Mildenhall regularly in 2006, 07 and 08 when they were in the second division, it was a great track at that level. 

12 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The best racing you get at Lynn these days is on 4 wheels,

You get around 3hrs entertainment not 15mins , has passing and action on most bends of most laps

A different winner in most races, the meeting runs even if its sunny or a bit wet although this does take away some of the entertainment on the clay surface and all for around the same money as the 2 wheel bikes , 

Are you seriously saying the '4 wheels' racing never stops over "around 3 hrs".............give over that's not true....there is plenty of non action while the track is cleared of debris.

And if speedway action is only 15 minutes long , as you say, then I wouldn't be able to down a pint...or go for the mandatory p...........nah you are entitled to opinion even though it's rubbish.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

The few on here are only a small fraction of the fans attending the Showground. If Lynn sign a few  of the Panthers best riders, i can see a 2/300 out of the 1200/1400 or so making the trip over, if Lynn have a competitive team.

Absolutely no chance. 20/30 more likely, 50 absolutely tops

19 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

You get around 3hrs entertainment not 15mins , has passing and action on most bends of most laps

A different winner in most races, the meeting runs even if its sunny or a bit wet although this does take away some of the entertainment on the clay surface and all for around the same money as the 2 wheel bikes , 

I think stock car racing anywhere offers much better value for money than speedway. 

As has been suggested elsewhere before maybe speedway has to go back to semi amateur status if it is going to grow again. 

Stock engines from mainstream manufacturers would be a step in the right direction imo. 

3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Genuine question for Panthers fans living in (close proximity) to Peterborough. In the worst case scenario, meaning no PP anymore, who would you be more inclined to go watch: 

A. King's Lynn Stars

B. Leicester Lions

Niether, both tracks are crap

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

The few on here are only a small fraction of the fans attending the Showground. If Lynn sign a few  of the Panthers best riders, i can see a 2/300 out of the 1200/1400 or so making the trip over, if Lynn have a competitive team.

Your talking out of your backside, the only time you get Peterborough fans watching speedway at Lynn is when Panthers are riding there.

Your in cloud cuckoo land if you think any different.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Your talking out of your backside, the only time you get Peterborough fans watching speedway at Lynn is when Panthers are riding there.

Your in cloud cuckoo land if you think any different.

I may well be. It was just a guess.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely no chance. 20/30 more likely, 50 absolutely tops

Well that’s 2 people saying the same thing now. Looks like I was a tad optimistic. Where’s me bloody meds..;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Genuine question for Panthers fans living in (close proximity) to Peterborough. In the worst case scenario, meaning no PP anymore, who would you be more inclined to go watch: 

A. King's Lynn Stars

B. Leicester Lions

Been to both tracks and neither come close to Peterborough.

If I found myself very bored and a good team were visiting Leicester I would probably visit but I must say the times I’ve been there this year the atmosphere really leaves a lot to be desired. Even when they were beating teams like sheffield & belle vue. 

Compost corner absolutely no chance, seen better racing in an egg & spoon race than you get there.

Unfortunately I can’t see anything comparing to the showground thats in reasonable distance so, fingers, toes & everything else crossed this isn’t the end for it.

Edited by LoweRacing143

6 minutes ago, LoweRacing143 said:

Unfortunately I can’t see anything comparing to the showground that's in reasonable distance so, fingers, toes & everything else crossed this isn’t the end for it.

Agreed, which is what I put in my objection.

Hopefully PCC don't fall for that because that's the argument AEPG have made, or will make, to get them out of:

l. The service provided by the facility is met by alternative provision that exists within
reasonable proximity: what is deemed as reasonable proximity will depend on the nature
of the facility and its associated catchment area

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StarBoy said:

A. King's Lynn Stars

B. Leicester Lions

C. Mildenhall.

Lynn and Leicester are awful tracks and Leicester is a massive PITA to get to due to the ring road.

Can't see more than a handful of Panthers fans making the trip to either regularly - it's as much about supporting the team than just going to Speedway because it's there.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I can remember when Lynn closed for one season in 1996, we had grand plans to go to either the EoES or the Foxhole most weeks.....ended up doing both just once plus the Overseas Final at Coventry. It's not the same as your own club and the reality is most P'boro fans will drift away if they don't run next year.

Exactly. Every club running would have a massive following from all the closures over the years.

Very short term logic  to think fans will travel to a neutral venue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

Won't go anywhere it's Peterborough or nothing 

Don’t blame you one bit. I’d be exactly the same if it were Ipswich. 

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

It’s not speedway though is it. I personally wouldn’t cross the road to watch any four wheeled motorsport even if it were free. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, StarBoy said:

A. King's Lynn Stars

B. Leicester Lions

Neither for two different reasons

KL - I wouldn't put another penny in Busters pocket, Even if Peterborough track shared at the AFA for a season.

LEI - The track isn't my cup of tea as I find it to be boring tbh, Limited passing and slick most weeks (Just going by the meetings I've seen on BSN)