British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Get the fans excitements up for no reason..... sums up the story of the past 12 months.

• Like 1

It's a bit Bomber Harris here's an announcement about an announcement 

Certainly got a few worked up anyway 

2 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Councillors really are useless idiots.

You need Councillors to turn down the planning applications so I'd hold on before criticising them too soon. 

Those same Councillors have already refused the AEPG / DHL proposal

13 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Get the fans excitements up for no reason..... sums up the story of the past 12 months.

Have to agree rather over the top - all people want to hear Chapman has sold the club - the announcement is hardly big news far from it - but it’s news and hopefully it helps the cause.

• Like 1

A rally… effing hell… I hope Buster hasn’t approached a local school to come up with some *cough* rallying words for a sing a long. This has happy clappers written all over it. They should seek out some No To Oil protesters… that would get some attention, maybe splash Purple & White paint over some retailers window and glue their knackers to a programme board.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

You need Councillors to turn down the planning applications so I'd hold on before criticising them too soon. 

Those same Councillors have already refused the AEPG / DHL proposal

They have indeed and they deserve our support at what is an important part of Peterborough Speedway future existence.

Its clear that a good turnout for the Peterborough Speedway Rally in Cathedral Square , Peterborough on Saturday 18th November from midday will have an effect on showing our local council that the Speedway has massive support in the city and shouldn’t be allowed to die after 53 years of history just so Ashley Butterfield and his company AEPG can make a lot of money.

The Showground should stay for the benefit of Peterborough and it’s residents and be enjoyed for many years to come.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Haza said:

all people want to hear Chapman has sold the club 

Is Chapman even allowed to sell the club?

If Chapman has taken a bung to get out of the Showground  (and I'm not suggesting he would... perish the thought), but if he was the kind of dodgy character to take a bung, then surely there'd be something in the agreement saying he can't sell the club.

There'd be no point in paying-off someone to get his speedway team out of the Showground if he could just then sell the club to someone else wanting to go straight back in

• Like 1

Rally is the same day as the speedway show, wonder if that will have an impact? 

Edited by SPEEDY69

40 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Rally is the same day as the speedway show, wonder if that will have an impact? 

The problem is we either go on November 18th or wait until end of January 2024. I think we had to go on November 18th.

1 hour ago, Mick Bratley said:

The problem is we either go on November 18th or wait until end of January 2024. I think we had to go on November 18th.

Maybe people could attend both, not that far apart. 

Hi
I am more of a follower of the Witches however this guy Chapman seems to be a very selfish 

sort of person there are many supporters of Peterborough Speedway that  deserve not to be kept in the dark about the future of the club I think there is a total lack of respect to the people that have supported the panthers over the years
johnbolly

4 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Is Chapman even allowed to sell the club?

If Chapman has taken a bung to get out of the Showground  (and I'm not suggesting he would... perish the thought), but if he was the kind of dodgy character to take a bung, then surely there'd be something in the agreement saying he can't sell the club.

There'd be no point in paying-off someone to get his speedway team out of the Showground if he could just then sell the club to someone else wanting to go straight back in

If that was the case, then i can't see how he can sell... no doubt we will know in due course. As there's  2 or 3  who are in the  consortium on here. Obviously not the right time now, but it will surely come out in the end. Myself, i don't think he has.

• Haha 1