British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

33 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Feels like gone for most reliable option. Ruml could be fantastic or he could be awful. Starkey I'd be shocked if got less than 7 in each leg. I understand the choice but I'd probably have taken the risk on ruml too. Danyon at reserve could've been huge at Poole, shame he's missing out

Based on performances for Oxford, Ruml could be fantastic or okay....Starke could be awful or awful.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes it is a shame about Hume, he was good for us and has had a good season, nice guy too, I wish him every success in the future. 

Definitely have him back next year IMO.

3 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Definitely have him back next year IMO.

Watching the Ben Cook interview last night, it was mentioned as a passing comment about the team average is going to reduced by a considerable amount in the Champ, so be interesting to see what happens with that. 

Considering Ruml lodges with Nicol I'd have thought he was the obvious choice?

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Watching the Ben Cook interview last night, it was mentioned as a passing comment about the team average is going to reduced by a considerable amount in the Champ, so be interesting to see what happens with that. 

That's the BSPL way of ensuring teams don't have 3 strong heat leaders.

Starke was always nailed on, and at reserve will be a serious force to be reckoned with. He goes very well at Poole.

But I am sure the Pirates will be well up for this and it will be a very tight couple of meetings. Glasgow go into it as favourites and we need to hold them to 8-10 points to stand a chance of making the final. 

• Haha 2

Glasgow have gone for experience, can't blame them for that.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Starke was always nailed on, and at reserve will be a serious force to be reckoned with. He goes very well at Poole.

But I am sure the Pirates will be well up for this and it will be a very tight couple of meetings. Glasgow go into it as favourites and we need to hold them to 8-10 points to stand a chance of making the final. 

Personally i think it will be very close overall, if Glasgow had Hume i would be quite worried by without him  i think we should win but it obviously doesn't always work out the way you expect.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally i think it will be very close overall, if Glasgow had Hume i would be quite worried by without him  i think we should win but it obviously doesn't always work out the way you expect.

You think? I think Glasgow are stronger with the more experienced Starke, especially so at reserve. I was gutted Danyon was not in this years team as he is a great lad and has improved a lot this season. But Paul Starke has been there and got the t-shirt. At reserve he could get double figures and come in for an under performing top five rider. 

All the Pirates need to put it on the line on Sunday. They don’t want to leave Glasgow without giving 100% effort and Havvy will no doubt expect maximum effort. If we come up short, we’ll so be it. But no silly tapes exclusions or falls. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You think? I think Glasgow are stronger with the more experienced Starke, especially so at reserve. I was gutted Danyon was not in this years team as he is a great lad and has improved a lot this season. But Paul Starke has been there and got the t-shirt. At reserve he could get double figures and come in for an under performing top five rider. 

All the Pirates need to put it on the line on Sunday. They don’t want to leave Glasgow without giving 100% effort and Havvy will no doubt expect maximum effort. If we come up short, we’ll so be it. But no silly tapes exclusions or falls. 

Yes I agree he could be a trump card at reserve but Starke hasn't been at his best lately so that is partly why I fancy our chances. We know it will be tough but I think and obviously hope we can do it. 

40 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes I agree he could be a trump card at reserve but Starke hasn't been at his best lately so that is partly why I fancy our chances. We know it will be tough but I think and obviously hope we can do it. 

Not having a home meeting since early August is my biggest fear. Yes some of the guys have PL spots and had some testing last couple of weeks but doesn't prepare you for play off speedway. I fear getting caught cold as the enemy have been tonight 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not having a home meeting since early August is my biggest fear. Yes some of the guys have PL spots and had some testing last couple of weeks but doesn't prepare you for play off speedway. I fear getting caught cold as the enemy have been tonight 

Looks like men against boys tonight, I thought Leicester would bounce back but Edinburgh have folded and made life easy for them. 

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Considering Ruml lodges with Nicol I'd have thought he was the obvious choice?

Whose knows what his plans were Oxford are finished he could be away home.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Whose knows what his plans were Oxford are finished he could be away home.

Exactly taking into account Starke guested for us at the number 5 position and held his own earlier in the season and rides Ashfield well it was a no brainier.

As much as Danyon will be missed Starke is more than adequate 

At reserve he could clean up.

9 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Exactly taking into account Starke guested for us at the number 5 position and held his own earlier in the season and rides Ashfield well it was a no brainier.

As much as Danyon will be missed Starke is more than adequate 

At reserve he could clean up.

His form recently has been a little “ hit or miss” but as you say at reserve he is more than capable of doing the job.He certainly always gives 100%.