British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh vs Leicester - Championship play-offs semi final first leg

Leicester tonight have been everything they were not at Poole. Favourites for the title by the proverbial mile. 

I’m glad I didn’t bother to go. The only thing worse than freezing your arse off at Armadale is freezing your arse off whilst the home team get mauled the one time you’d be OK with them doing well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leicester tonight have been everything they were not at Poole. Favourites for the title by the proverbial mile. 

Thompson twins still struggling a bit though. Will need to get them going in the final if they are going to do it. Or at least one of them! 

Connor Mountain: Man of the Match

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There not up against us tonight though. Edinburgh have contributed to their own downfall, you know Middlo would not allow that to happen. 

Never saw that coming, Lasse and Kye looked different riders to last week against Redcar.

MOM must be Conner Mountain

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Thompson twins still struggling a bit though. Will need to get them going in the final if they are going to do it. Or at least one of them! 

We might not be there. Got a very tough semi which can and will go any way. Leicester showed tonight why they finished top of the league and are favourites for the title. They backed off at Poole to save themselves when they knew the tie had gone. Don’t read too much into the drubbing they got. It will be a different story if we meet again in the final. And I am sure Glasgow will have a lot to say on that.

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

There not up against us tonight though. Edinburgh have contributed to their own downfall, you know Middlo would not allow that to happen. 

Middlo is not at Glasgow. 

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Difference is Poole have heat leaders to match Leicester, and second strings to beat Lions. Edinburgh have Masters and Pickering, and when Masters shows poor form it’s one way traffic. I expected Leicester to win tonight but Edinburgh to put up more of a fight. Frankly, they have been pathetic. Feel for the home fans. Team has let them down.

image.png

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Make your mind up :D

Well I got that very wrong tonight, well done Leicester.

• Haha 3

What a fantastic result that is for Leicester never saw that coming at all that must be masters worst score for ages in a monarchs shirt and they have done it with only 5 riders what a turnaround from wednesdays pasting.

9 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I’m glad I didn’t bother to go. The only thing worse than freezing your arse off at Armadale is freezing your arse off whilst the home team get mauled the one time you’d be OK with them doing well.

It's gonna have to be a "Give Us A T " on Sunday then !  

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Middlo is not at Glasgow. 

Can't be bothered?

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Max Clegg I thought. 

Good effort from Cleggy, no doubt, but for me Mountain was involved in 3 important 5-1's setting the tone for the rest of the night in heat 1

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

Can't be bothered?

Doesn’t do the weekend northern clubs as he runs a weekend family business.