British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

I'm sure a lot more Polish rain offs will be arranged for Thursdays, to take advantage of their agreement, and establish a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday block of the week dedicated only to them. Can't blame them for doing it, it's in their best interests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wtf said:

I'm sure a lot more Polish rain offs will be arranged for Thursdays, to take advantage of their agreement, and establish a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday block of the week dedicated only to them. Can't blame them for doing it, it's in their best interests.

Tomorrow's two scheduled meetings have been called off. The restaging dates are a Sunday and a Tuesday, so looks like they aren't going straight to a default of Thursday every time at the moment.

• Like 1

If no Nikki p no Jack holder no Musielak i will be thinking twice about going ..Was really looking forward to seeing mr pedersen ride at owlerton but looks again like it’s not happening 

On 4/14/2023 at 6:43 PM, r8gdp said:

If no Nikki p no Jack holder no Musielak i will be thinking twice about going ..Was really looking forward to seeing mr pedersen ride at owlerton but looks again like it’s not happening 

Again supporters get the crappy end of the stick.pedersen signs for p' Boro,lasts a quarter of a lap,crashes then that's the last you see of him,then quits stating the tracks here are too technical so therefore too hard on his body......b.s sort of springs to mind here.then for the p'boro match we are without Tobi ( no fault of his of course) and possibly jack, seriously the sport can never ever be taken seriously again.i'm afraid Poland are now pulling the strings and if this continues British speedway will be doomed.

6 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Again supporters get the crappy end of the stick.pedersen signs for p' Boro,lasts a quarter of a lap,crashes then that's the last you see of him,then quits stating the tracks here are too technical so therefore too hard on his body......b.s sort of springs to mind here.then for the p'boro match we are without Tobi ( no fault of his of course) and possibly jack, seriously the sport can never ever be taken seriously again.i'm afraid Poland are now pulling the strings and if this continues British speedway will be doomed.

The FIM had to run their meeting this morning so as not impact even 2nd level matches in Poland...

That tells you everything about where the real power lies in the sport. ..

And, if I am honest, I do see why. ..

The money they get in Poland will actually go a long way to paying for equipment some of the lads use to ride over here, or in Denmark and Sweden, and also when following their own individual ambitions....

Therefore I get why Poland see all the riders who they give these huge contracts to as "ours"....

And want to protect "their assets", and large investments...

any updates on Adam Ellis' hand injury? looked pretty nasty

His dad has tweeted recently that his had although a bashed up it isn’t broken 

• Like 1

Interesting that despite Sheffield's strong start to the season, four out of the five riders who have new averages have gone down (not by much though)!

Edited by szkocjasid

53 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Interesting that despite Sheffield's strong start to the season, four out of the five riders who have new averages have gone down (not by much though)!

Only had three meetings that count towards the rolling averages, one home meeting (BV) and two away (Ipswich & BV) the two KO Cup demolitions of KL don’t count 

Could be a problem with Ipswich on the 18th May, the police have moved Wednesdays play off semi to the same day at 8pm

Big gate at Hillsborough, will it get cancelled

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

Could be a problem with Ipswich on the 18th May, the police have moved Wednesdays play off semi to the same day at 8pm

Big gate at Hillsborough, will it get cancelled

Tigers and Wednesday have been at home same night previously, so no reason why it should.

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

Tigers and Wednesday have been at home same night previously, so no reason why it should.

That was then, this is now.

31 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

More exiting to go up in the playoffs

You can always ask a Barnsley fan what it is like.....:D