British Speedway Forum
Argos

Peter Collins Book

3 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

That's what he says, but that is disputed by others who say they have the letters that show that to be false. In the thread I linked even Phillip Rising said he had seen the list and it was stretching it - and Phillip said he was a friend of Peter's and was carefully choosing his words. In the end we all have to choose which story, based on the info available, we believe is most credible

In any event, isn't it the case now that the current owners do let ex riders in free with the only requirement that they contact Mark lemon in advance to say they are coming? Given that the seats are numbered that doesn't seem unreasonable 

That's fair comment.

• Like 1

It would be interesting and maybe conclusive if the PC list/letters could be published or posted on hear which would see who’s telling the truth or not once and for all.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

It would be interesting and maybe conclusive if the PC list/letters could be published or posted on hear which would see who’s telling the truth or not once and for all.

It's pretty obvious who is telling the truth.

On one side we've got a man on his own, claiming in his book (which contains many other errors and "misrememberings") that he didn't write the letters demanding free passes for 100 of his friends.   Then on the other side we've got a number of promoters who received the letters, and many more who have seen the letters.  These include the late Phil Rising, a fairly impartial journalist and self-confessed Collins fan.

Then we've got the vitriolic scrawled message to a dying man who had only tried to help sort out the situation of the 100  free passes.  Why would you be so nasty if you hadn't even demanded the 100 passes in the first place?

Sorry, but you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to solve this one.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

More to the point, in this day and age where EVERYTHING is expected to be available to the public (often through social media), I don't need to SEE things as proof. I know who and what to believe, as I'm not one of these crazy conspiracy theorists who refuses to believe fact and reality...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chunky said:

More to the point, in this day and age where EVERYTHING is expected to be available to the public (often through social media), I don't need to SEE things as proof. I know who and what to believe, as I'm not one of these crazy conspiracy theorists who refuses to believe fact and reality...

And I thought that Mystic Meg was no longer with us!!

I hope that you never appear on a Jury in the English Legal System.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

It's pretty obvious who is telling the truth.

On one side we've got a man on his own, claiming in his book (which contains many other errors and "misrememberings") that he didn't write the letters demanding free passes for 100 of his friends.   Then on the other side we've got a number of promoters who received the letters, and many more who have seen the letters.  These include the late Phil Rising, a fairly impartial journalist and self-confessed Collins fan.

Then we've got the vitriolic scrawled message to a dying man who had only tried to help sort out the situation of the 100  free passes.  Why would you be so nasty if you hadn't even demanded the 100 passes in the first place?

...athough his nemisis Professor Moriarty may have something to say about that!

This really has been done to death now. 

The Steve Casey thing i have to agree with most and say it was was wrong. 

Surely all involved need to get together and sort this out for the good of PC's reputation and Belle Vue's and Speedway as a whole.

You takes your pick who is right and wrong, maybe both are a bit of both. 

PC regardless is without doubt a Speedway and Belle Vue Legend, nothing will change that.

Belle Vue conversely are and always have been a terrific Speedway club.

Edited by Goldhawk
  • Like 2

PC signing at Stafford Classic Bike Show

PETER COLLINS will be on the Retro Speedway stand signing copies of his fast-selling, much-acclaimed autobiography at the Stafford Classic Bike Show next weekend.

PC will be there on both Saturday/Sunday, April 22/23.

The full address of the venue is:
Staffordshire County Showground
Weston Rd
Stafford
Staffordshire
ST18 0BD

For full event details and how to get there, please visit their site at www.staffscountyshowground.co.uk

It’s a good opportunity for Midlands-based supporters. PC regularly attends this twice-yearly event and says it’s an oasis for motorbike enthusiasts. So if you can make it, please do come and say ‘hello’ to PC, Susie and Tony Mac and get your book for just £20. As well as signing your book, Peter will also be very happy to pose for selfies.

Keeping It On The Tyres has sold rapidly and we expect it to sell out completely before long, so don’t miss out.

You can still order a signed copy from us. To take advantage of our offer of a £5 saving on the RRP of £25 in the UK, go to www.retro-speedway.com or phone Susie on 01708 734 502.

Peter will sign ‘Best Wishes’ in every copy ordered through Retro Speedway, which is another great reason to buy it for £20 directly from us instead of online giants Amazon and retailers Waterstones.

Thank you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyMac said:

PC signing at Stafford Classic Bike Show

PETER COLLINS will be on the Retro Speedway stand signing copies of his fast-selling, much-acclaimed autobiography at the Stafford Classic Bike Show next weekend.

PC will be there on both Saturday/Sunday, April 22/23.

The full address of the venue is:
Staffordshire County Showground
Weston Rd
Stafford
Staffordshire
ST18 0BD

For full event details and how to get there, please visit their site at www.staffscountyshowground.co.uk

It’s a good opportunity for Midlands-based supporters. PC regularly attends this twice-yearly event and says it’s an oasis for motorbike enthusiasts. So if you can make it, please do come and say ‘hello’ to PC, Susie and Tony Mac and get your book for just £20. As well as signing your book, Peter will also be very happy to pose for selfies.

Keeping It On The Tyres has sold rapidly and we expect it to sell out completely before long, so don’t miss out.

You can still order a signed copy from us. To take advantage of our offer of a £5 saving on the RRP of £25 in the UK, go to www.retro-speedway.com or phone Susie on 01708 734 502.

Peter will sign ‘Best Wishes’ in every copy ordered through Retro Speedway, which is another great reason to buy it for £20 directly from us instead of online giants Amazon and retailers Waterstones.

Thank you.

It's a magnificent book Tony, well done to all who helped with it's creation. 

Whatever people's views on PC and recent fall outs, it's still a great read and insight into 70s / 80s speedway.

Thank you!

• Like 5

As long as Peter Collins only scribbles "best wishes",  the appalling incident I'm referring to isn't mentioned by no one and anyone who because of his appalling actions doesn't want to go anywhere near the man does exactly that, then everything will be OK.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 10:14 PM, Garry1603 said:

It's a magnificent book Tony, well done to all who helped with it's creation. 

Whatever people's views on PC and recent fall outs, it's still a great read and insight into 70s / 80s speedway.

Thank you!

Thank you.

On 3/15/2023 at 9:29 PM, Goldhawk said:

This really has been done to death now. 

The Steve Casey thing i have to agree with most and say it was was wrong. 

Surely all involved need to get together and sort this out for the good of PC's reputation and Belle Vue's and Speedway as a whole.

You takes your pick who is right and wrong, maybe both are a bit of both. 

PC regardless is without doubt a Speedway and Belle Vue Legend, nothing will change that.

Belle Vue conversely are and always have been a terrific Speedway club.

The words “good” and “PC’s reputation” don’t really lie well (!!!) together

10 hours ago, midlandred said:

The words “good” and “PC’s reputation” don’t really lie well (!!!) together

Bless you, but you need to move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Monarchs2468 said:

Bless you, but you need to move on.

I’ve only just finished reading the book, followed by then reading this thread.  So….

Edited by midlandred

19 minutes ago, midlandred said:

I’ve only just finished reading the book, followed by then reading this thread.  So….

But you couldn't be arsed to comment on the book, instead you leave a snide comment about the man, nice.

• Haha 1