British Speedway Forum
Argos

Peter Collins Book

22 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Apparently Collins is signing copies of his book at some pub near Belle Vue on 27 October.  

A bit unfair if people can walk up and just buy a copy there, and get it before the people who paid for the advance copy back in the spring and have been waiting 5 months.

At Concerts the 'Meet & Great' costs a lot more but allows early access to the show. 

Sometimes a 'selfie' can be taken to enhance the occasion.

However I do understand your viewpoint. :t:

2 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Apparently Collins is signing copies of his book at some pub near Belle Vue on 27 October.  

A bit unfair if people can walk up and just buy a copy there, and get it before the people who paid for the advance copy back in the spring and have been waiting 5 months.

Any details as to which pub? 

Will go along....

33 minutes ago, mikebv said:

2 hours ago,  RoundTheBoards said: 

I almost can't quite believe the things that people will find to complain about.

We now can't even see the simple release of a book without some form of controversy needing to surround it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Any details as to which pub? 

Will go along....

BOOK SIGNING: We are pleased to announce the venue and date for PC's first book signing . . .

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27
Longsight & District Sports & Social Club

140 Kirkmanshulme Lane, Manchester, M12 4WP.
5.00-7.30pm. Free admission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Totally agree with this, although I only ordered mine a couple of weeks ago I'm slightly put off by the fact that @TonyMac says in his post, 'should be received by the end of October'.  Doesn't sound too convincing. 

Having said that I'm really looking forward to reading the book. 

On 10/17/2022 at 12:15 PM, RoundTheBoards said:

Not the case. Everyone who pre-ordered a signed copy should (Post Office permitting) receive it in the post BEFORE the signing at the Longsight & District Sports & Social Club, 140 Kirkmanshulme Lane on Thursday, October 27, and the one at Sheffield Speedway on Monday the 24th.

We thank everyone for their patience.

~

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 3:08 PM, keepturningleft said:

I almost can't quite believe the things that people will find to complain about.

We now can't even see the simple release of a book without some form of controversy needing to surround it.

Well, you're complaining about someone's posting on a speedway forum.   So I guess you're talking about youself being the person just looking for anything to complain about?

I think the previous poster has a genuine point.

If they've paid, back in May, for a first-issue hot-off-the-press priority copy, and their money has been held for nearly  6 months, I'd say they have a right to be miffed that people who haven't pre-paid, can just walk up and get the first signed copies at Sheffield on Monday and jump the queue like Phil and Holly at a funeral.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Well, you're complaining about someone's posting on a speedway forum.   So I guess you're talking about youself being the person just looking for anything to complain about?

I think the previous poster has a genuine point.

If they've paid, back in May, for a first-issue hot-off-the-press priority copy, and their money has been held for nearly  6 months, I'd say they have a right to be miffed that people who haven't pre-paid, can just walk up and get the first signed copies at Sheffield on Monday and jump the queue like Phil and Holly at a funeral.

It’s only a book for Gods Sake.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s only a book for Gods Sake.

I am going to buy two and not read one of them.... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I am going to buy two and not read one of them.... :D

You could put 1 copy in a Time Capsule.People will wonder what this sports was in GB when opened in 10 years time .!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got mine tonight at Sheffield. Was great to meet Peter and have him sign the book ,will be reading it this weekend at our caravan in north wales 

• Like 1

Another hundred+ pre-ordered Peter Collins books being posted out today (yes, we know there is a Royal Mail strike on today but let's at least get the packages in the system...), and in the days ahead. Please stay patient and thank you.

Meantime, PC took last night off to reunite with ex-British Lions team-mates Doug Wyer & Reg Wilson at Sheffield, and also catch up with Eric Boocock, Neil Machin and many others.

Thanks to Julie Reading and all at Sheffield Speedway for your help and co-operation.
  • Like 4

On 10/25/2022 at 1:45 PM, TonyMac said:
Another hundred+ pre-ordered Peter Collins books being posted out today (yes, we know there is a Royal Mail strike on today but let's at least get the packages in the system...), and in the days ahead. Please stay patient and thank you.

Meantime, PC took last night off to reunite with ex-British Lions team-mates Doug Wyer & Reg Wilson at Sheffield, and also catch up with Eric Boocock, Neil Machin and many others.

Thanks to Julie Reading and all at Sheffield Speedway for your help and co-operation.

Thanks for the update Tony, appreciated. 

My copy arrived today. The weight of 500-plus pages hitting the floor from the letterbox made me think I'd dropped my wallet. 

Very impressive, long-awaited book by one of speedway's finest.

Well done to all.  

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 1