British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Well since some STRONGLY disagreed with my theory that Brennan & Hume (irrelevant when Rew's average was set at 5.00) would start at reserve & seeing Brennan has been announced at number 6 tonight, I'd just like to say "I told you so"

My apologies,,, but I'm sure they said for team building only when they first announced the reduction,,, but I bow down to you sir 

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Well since some STRONGLY disagreed with my theory that Brennan & Hume (irrelevant when Rew's average was set at 5.00) would start at reserve & seeing Brennan has been announced at number 6 tonight, I'd just like to say "I told you so"

I was told by the office that the 25% reduction was for team building purposes only - so only repeated what appeared to be the official line.  Looking at the 2023 Regs, it is not at all clear ... sigh.

Absolutely stupid, because unless they continue to discount Brennan's average, it will increase on the first new set of Green Sheets - maybe BV have got the lawyers on it ...

21 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I was told by the office that the 25% reduction was for team building purposes only - so only repeated what appeared to be the official line.  Looking at the 2023 Regs, it is not at all clear ... sigh.

Absolutely stupid, because unless they continue to discount Brennan's average, it will increase on the first new set of Green Sheets - maybe BV have got the lawyers on it ...

The way it looks Lidsey will drop to reserve on Apr 1st, as Brennan would be be on his rolling ave

Tapes haven't even gone up yet...:rofl:

• Like 1

They could probably bring that date forward by two or three months to be fair :D :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They could probably bring that date forward by two or three months to be fair :D :wink:

Kings Lynn's big draw for theirs is an Easter Egg hunt ;):P

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Kings Lynn's big draw for theirs is an Easter Egg hunt ;):P

It's not easy finding the eggs hidden in all that compost i'll tell ya. Even with 6 fingers :)

• Haha 6

Understandable first heat nerves probably after his first competitive heat for 18 months, but then quickly back on it and finishing second after beating Zmarzlik in a run off. Promising. 

Edit: Good to see Jarek still on the gas!

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 3

Sure Emil rode for Torun on Friday and scored 10 from 4 rides so back in the groove pretty quick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Sure Emil rode for Torun on Friday and scored 10 from 4 rides so back in the groove pretty quick.

Ahh fair doos wasn’t aware of that. A good couple of meetings under his belt then before Monday. 

Danny has won this year's Ben Fund.

Edited by tocha

11 hours ago, tocha said:

Danny has won this year's Ben Fund.

I'm not an Ipswich fan, and follow King's Lynn, But Danny was a very well deserved winner.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 5:21 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Understandable first heat nerves probably after his first competitive heat for 18 months, but then quickly back on it and finishing second after beating Zmarzlik in a run off. Promising. 

Edit: Good to see Jarek still on the gas!

Not quite sure you can say he beat Zmarzlik in a run off - they flipped a coin to decide 2nd/3rd after tying on points

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Not quite sure you can say he beat Zmarzlik in a run off - they flipped a coin to decide 2nd/3rd after tying on points

He beat Zmarzlik in a coin off then. How’s that? :D

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

He beat Zmarzlik in a coin off then. How’s that? :D

Perfect - should give him good form when they decide to get rid of super heats in the event of a draw and flip a coin instead.