British Speedway Forum

If Emil wants to be back along with Doyle next year then we simply have to make it work, there’s riders out there up the up with improvement, got to start team building quickly and get them signed up! Who wouldn’t want to come and learn with those top boys in the team

To be honest,,, I shouldn't really have an opinion,,, those that pay to watch is far more valid than mine,,so I withdraw my opinions on the Rew and Riss combo. 

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

With the distinct probability of fewer teams next year, then team building plans will be very different and team building points limit will prompt a real discussion whether 2 leagues or just one!

Isn't there an agreement with Discovery+/Eurosport that there has to be a minimum of seven clubs in the Premiership, otherwise they are in breach of contact, or have I imagine it?

Genuine question. 

12 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Isn't there an agreement with Discovery+/Eurosport that there has to be a minimum of seven clubs in the Premiership, otherwise they are in breach of contact, or have I imagine it?

Genuine question. 

I don't know but when Sky were the broadcasters it was a minimum of eight I believe. There were, of course, only six teams last year and 2021.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Genuine question. 

If there is only one league they can still call it the Premiership or whatever they like! 

If the teams are of equal strength tge racing will be just as good, if not better, even if the perception is that it is made up of lesser riders 

• Like 2

I think most of us thought that we were fruitlessly chasing Sheffield for the last play off spot, but looks like Leicester are doing their best to self destruct... They've opened the door for us.. I think we'll beat them at home and looking at their fixtures, there's some tough ones in there.  This might not be over!

28 minutes ago, MP78 said:

I think most of us thought that we were fruitlessly chasing Sheffield for the last play off spot, but looks like Leicester are doing their best to self destruct... They've opened the door for us.. I think we'll beat them at home and looking at their fixtures, there's some tough ones in there.  This might not be over!

Ipswich need to win at Wolves as Leicester will gain 6 points at home (Sheffield is a banker with the Bates’ involved) and they will get at least a point at Peterborough. Ipswich will end up rueing the Lions win at Owlerton. Under normal circumstances you could bet your house on the Tigers going unbeaten at home but that win will see both Bates’ teams through to the play offs. ££££££££££. 
Be great if you did it, the look on Bates face would be priceless if they managed to muck that up between them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ouch said:

Ipswich need to win at Wolves as Leicester will gain 6 points at home (Sheffield is a banker with the Bates’ involved) and they will get at least a point at Peterborough. Ipswich will end up rueing the Lions win at Owlerton. Under normal circumstances you could bet your house on the Tigers going unbeaten at home but that win will see both Bates’ teams through to the play offs. ££££££££££. 
Be great if you did it, the look on Bates face would be priceless if they managed to muck that up between them. 

When did Sheffield last go unbeaten at home?

On 8/10/2023 at 5:05 PM, szkocjasid said:

Are Ipswich really on a roll though? 3 of their 4 wins have come against Peterborough & Kings Lynn who everyone beats. Granted they did get a great win at Leicester.

Ipswich could be in a similar position to Belle Vue, they've ridden more than most so could also be twiddling their thumbs.

No-one will avoid picking Ipswich as it's 1st vs 4th anyway. Would be ironic if Belle Vue's reward for finishing top was being drawn against the team they most wanted to avoid (if Ipswich finish 4th).

All of your comments make perfect sense, but still think it'll take Sheffield under performing for Ipswich to finish 4th. But it's not a foregone conclusion.

Wins are wins irregardless of who it is and yes the win at Leicester was a good one however it’s Leicester who now look the vulnerable ones and will need the Witches to stop winning otherwise they could a play off place.

Any team in form in September are the favourites for the title imho.

3 hours ago, MP78 said:

45 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Wins are wins irregardless of who it is and yes the win at Leicester was a good one however it’s Leicester who now look the vulnerable ones and will need the Witches to stop winning otherwise they could a play off place.

Any team in form in September are the favourites for the title imho.

I must admit I thought it was a forlorn task for Ipswich to make the top 4, as I couldn't see Sheffield dropping any points at home. Now Leicester are off form, it certainly gives them renewed hope

• Like 1

Think either Ipswich need to win at Wolves or Sheffield at Leicester for Ipswich to have a chance, could happen though 

Seeing I missed it live, glad to be able to see this

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Think either Ipswich need to win at Wolves or Sheffield at Leicester for Ipswich to have a chance, could happen though 

Yes it could, they are easily capable but the way Wolves beat Leicester last night maybe not at Monmore.

50 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

I'm sure a win for Leicester against Sheffield could be arranged:rolleyes:.

Will any of the riders be missing,hasnt it been arranged the weekend of the Polish semi final play offs?