British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just watched the latest forecast and it’s a dry afternoon with a fresh breeze at Leicester so a good drying wind with temperature up to 20 degrees C . The issue is rain in the early hours, clearing by 10 am to leave a dry, breezy but warm day tomorrow, so there’s an opportunity. What we don’t know is how the track has responded today and whether they have managed to dry it out. Or simply bladed the slosh off to the inside. 

Any more photos from this afternoon you can describe to us? 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Like I have said before. This isn’t a hard fix! Scape off the wet surface and put down fresh dry material. This should have been planned at the weekend knowing what was coming up this weekend and Monday at Leicester. Clearly the material they are using at the moment is too heavy and can’t take a decent amount of rain like other tracks can. 

Makes you wonder if there was some blunder/s committed since the last meeting on the 15th? Can imagine SD arriving in Leicester on Monday or Tuesday this week and finding things in a right old state. Enough perhaps to stress him out to the extent of having to go into hospital. 

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Like I have said before. This isn’t a hard fix! Scape off the wet surface and put down fresh dry material. This should have been planned at the weekend knowing what was coming up this weekend and Monday at Leicester. Clearly the material they are using at the moment is too heavy and can’t take a decent amount of rain like other tracks can. 

What's the point of putting down fresh dry material when it's raining every day at some point? 

Where you going to get 40 tons of such material from? 

The only certain thing about such a barmy scheme would be riders vanishing under or over the fence with career threatening injuries. 

You can't defy climate and weather. 

What next from the Poole trolls

Should have gone to B+Q and bought wood and ply and roofing and erected a roof

Should have gone to Leicester City and dug up the undersoil heating

Should nip to EMA and nicked a jet engine to blow hot air on the track. 

Edited by HGould
Spellng
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, HGould said:

What's the point of putting down fresh dry material when it's raining every day at some point? 

The only certain thing about such a barmy scheme would be riders vanishing under or over the fence with career threatening injuries. 

If they are unable to sort it out do the other leg at BV then. Going by the photo Leicester released on Tues that is just as dangerous. Although others have said they have already started taking the top surface off, so they are not agreeing with you if that is true! 

15 minutes ago, HGould said:

Your first sentence sums the situation up perfectly. Since last Thursday I don't think we've gone through a 24 hour period without any rain. The heavy rain we had for more or less 48 hours that started last Thursday & didn't really stop until after dark on Friday was I suspect the main cause of the problem, although Saturday was dry, at this time of year no way was that going to dry out. Then it started again Saturday evening & Sunday I woke up to absolutely torrential rain. And this week the pattern has been the same, we've had a couple of dry days, but not together, then it has rained most nights or early mornings & it's been steady rain over a number of hours each time.

• Like 2

Can we just accept that:

1) it has been very wet recently

2) that at this time of the year restoring a sodden track to a state fit for racing can be tricky

3) Leicester are exercising their best endeavours to get the track ready for tomorrow

4) weather forecasts are not 100% guaranteed predictions, so we are hoping for the best tomorrow.

And having got that off my chest, see you at Beaumont Park tomorrow.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Can we just accept that:

1) it has been very wet recently

2) that at this time of the year restoring a sodden track to a state fit for racing can be tricky

3) Leicester are exercising their best endeavours to get the track ready for tomorrow

4) weather forecasts are not 100% guaranteed predictions, so we are hoping for the best tomorrow.

And having got that off my chest, see you at Beaumont Park tomorrow.

Some common sense! I'm not sure why all the Poole fans are up in arms about it...whatever the outcome, it's more likely to benefit Poole than Leicester.

If it takes place at Leicester, it’s less likely to have a home bias given the state of the track.

If it’s a neutral venue, then Poole definitely have an advantage as they were able to have a home leg.

If it doesn’t take place at all, Poole will more than likely be given the title seeing as they are 1) not at fault for Leicester’s track, or 2) already ahead from the first leg.

Chill out!

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, HGould said:

As an aside IIRC, when I went to the 1977 World Final @ Gothenburg, the track was wet & the 3rd & 4th bends particularly.

The Swedes brought in a jet car to blast exhaust flames over the area, followed by a helicopter hovering over with its down draught aiding further drying.

It certainly helped!

• Thanks 1

With heavy rain forecast tomorrow morning I can't imagine this will be on, they couldn't sort it last week with good weather on the Saturday there is no reason to think this week will be different. 

• Like 1

Hopefully a decision will be made early morning, with the coaches leaving at 12.30pm a early decision would be nice 

10 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I reckon they will try run on Sunday. The extra day might just save it. 

Plus clocks go back this weekend, so they have an extra hour :party:

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, cyclone said:

As an aside IIRC, when I went to the 1977 World Final @ Gothenburg, the track was wet & the 3rd & 4th bends particularly.

The Swedes brought in a jet car to blast exhaust flames over the area, followed by a helicopter hovering over with its down draught aiding further drying.

It certainly helped!

Could always put 5 or 6 of the Poole fans from here on the track.

They blow enough hot air out there ar*es too dry the whole track.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7