British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I see the weather is a bit wet in Norfolk today. Fingers crossed it still goes ahead tomorrow. Be interesting to see what happens if it doesn't! 

VERY wet in Norfolk today, forecast got worse over night and due to rain til lunch, and then what looks like a sunny dry day tomorrow. Happy to post weather updates in case any of you lot are planning to take on the journey ;)

• Like 1

Heavy rain this morning here in South Lincs 20 miles from KL .if it’s called off again surely the title awarded to Poole .

Just now, Haza said:

Heavy rain this morning here in South Lincs 20 miles from KL .if it’s called off again surely the title awarded to Poole .

Only 8 point difference though. I think it would just get shared. Although I don't know what the rule book says. Can you call it when it is finely balanced? 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Only 8 point difference though. I think it would just get shared. Although I don't know what the rule book says. Can you call it when it is finely balanced? 

Precedent [2010 National League] says it should be awarded to Poole.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

just be a hollow victory though :t:

10 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Train from Poole leaves at 11.40, cross London to Kings Cross and you can get to KL at 16.31.

Journey time 4hrs 51.

From Leicester at 13.15, also arrives KL at 16.31 with a change at Peterborough. Journey 3h 16.

Train strikes on Saturday. How do you propose getting home?

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Precedent set in the 1939 KoC, Belle Vue & Wembley shared :)

Edited by iainb

With all this unpredicted around today it will show if Buster can get a track race worthy in a day. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

Precedent set in the 1939 KoC, Belle Vue & Wembley shared :)

I do not believe this to be the case. All references I have seen simply refer to the competition as not completed. And anyway no legs were staged so not a comparable situation.

Edited by arnieg

What a joke this once massive sport has become. Poole in the second div. no more Swindon, Coventry, Zummerzet, Newcastle etc., 6 team Premier, thousands deserting the sport in last 10 years or so. Sad to see speedway on its arse:( The only highlight has been return of the Ox. Oh dear.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I do not believe this to be the case. All references I have seen simply refer to the competition as not completed. And anyway no legs were staged so not a comparable situation.

1986 Oxford & Cradley Heath then?

6 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

What a joke this once massive sport has become. Poole in the second div. no more Swindon, Coventry, Zummerzet, Newcastle etc., 6 team Premier, thousands deserting the sport in last 10 years or so. Sad to see speedway on its arse:( The only highlight has been return of the Ox. Oh dear.

Just the tip of the iceberg Auntie Doris ….2023 sees Edinburgh and Peterborough on their last season at their current locations. 
Beggars belief that even with so few sides operating they still cannot complete the seasons fixtures before winter. The Jubilee cup now postponed to 2023 …..between sides who will scarcely be recognisable from the line ups in 2022. 

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Some Leicester fans will have attended every home meeting this season, loyally supporting a sport who needs absolutely everyone it can find to attend, yet will now miss out on the very final that they have paid out hundreds of pounds to watch the qualifying process of...

And. As has been said from even Poole's most loyal follower, getting to East Anglia is never easy at the best of times but now needs to be done on a Friday which is traditionally the busiest time of the week for the road network...

I thought I may have calmed down a bit overnight... no!

This is a total disgrace and so disrespectful to both sets of fans! Fans, who like you say, have been following their team all year long, bought into the competition (literally), encouraged to go along and support their team make the pay offs, support them in the pay offs and then Boom! we've moved the deciding final leg to a track that a lot of fans won't be able to get to... on a Friday night!

And just to put the cherry on top of the icing on the cake nobody has had the balls to front up and make any comment on it from Leicester or the BSPL, just some bland statement on the Leicester website about it being "a difficult but necessary decision", that's it, no explanation as to why it was necessary? If you've run past the end of the season the damage has already been done! There will be a great many fans from both sides that won't be able to attend this and some, like myself, who will choose not to, so what was the point in moving it?!? What was the point in the whole season?

On top of all that, I've not even started on the Jubilee Trophy!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, ray c said:

just be a hollow victory though :t:

I'm not sure the Poole half of the forum see it that way :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

The Jubilee cup now postponed to 2023 …..between sides who will scarcely be recognisable from the line ups in 2022. 

And in different leagues!

Is that official... I've not seen it mentioned at all in weeks

Edited by iainb