British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

25 minutes ago, lewy said:

Why get rid of him and not Worrall?

A very good offer made way back in September!!

8 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As King has gone to Redcar, he certainly hasn’t gone for the money. More than one rider has recently agreed to sign for a club but then made excuses and signed for someone who has waved the ‘ cheque book ‘ , and it isn’t Glasgow !

Oxford

22 minutes ago, lewy said:

They might say why in the press release when they announce Steve. He definitely seems to be a favourite of the management. 

4 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As King has gone to Redcar, he certainly hasn’t gone for the money. More than one rider has recently agreed to sign for a club but then made excuses and signed for someone who has waved the ‘ cheque book ‘ , and it isn’t Glasgow !

Feel free to name them ;)

45 minutes ago, lewy said:

Why not? If both couldn't be fitted in then its a toss up, very little in their averages and both quality Champ performers. 

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A very good offer made way back in September!!

Then the whole thing made perfect sense in my opinion.

Danny Ford knew well in advance the new points limit would be 40 so knew he had the difficult decision of losing one of the three H/L. If King had a good offer on the talbe already and if it was above what Poole are normally prepared to offer, (and even if it was similar to Poole), then that decision was made easier to release him if Worrall & Lawson were happy to continue in 2023.

My own opinion was it was totally amicable and an agreed wording and an excellent media write up was agreed upon by both to reflect how difficult the decision had been to release him and what a great servant he had been to the club in the 2 seasons he had been with then in Champ.

A good piece of PR all round and both come out of it with credit.

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They might say why in the press release when they announce Steve. He definitely seems to be a favourite of the management

54 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Steve is a regular at the chateau, that could of swayed it :t:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

Are the threads getting mixed up? 

Thought this was for discussing Plymouth

Yeah it was talking about Kyle being an out and out No1, then got an to Lawson being one and kind of escalated from there. 

If the Poole management gave us a signing we could talk about that on the correct thread. I blame them ;):D

• Haha 4

Not sure on that one hope I’m proved wrong but I think we will have to have a strong no 6 or we could be in trouble.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:24 AM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Is there a chance local lad Ben trigger could get a reserve berth 

Not a bad guess 

With this 40 point limit seems to be getting a lot of 2 pointers thrown in at the deep end to sink or swim. Good luck to them but for my money most could do with at least another season at NDL level

• Like 1

Got to fear for the kid with Gary May's track record of trashing weak reserves and giving them no encouragement other than programme fodder. The way he treated Atkins and others before him. 

Can see another season of revolving reserves at The Coliseum. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They might say why in the press release when they announce Steve. He definitely seems to be a favourite of the management. 

Feel free to name them ;)

Have a listen to Bears Live TV, that will give you a couple of starters, but the clue is already there.