British Speedway Forum
TTT

Sheffield vs. Belle Vue Grand Final 2nd Leg 13/10/22

What a great advert for the sport the Finals have been..

Never a great fan of Owlerton as it is too narrow for the speed and the angles the bikes hit the bends nowadays, to ever be a  "great" track, but it served up some tremendously fast close racing...

With riders literally knowing that one slight mistake whilst out in front would cost them points...

(Evening Jack);):D

There most have been around 500 Aces fans there tonight and they delivered a truly awesome atmosphere..

My lad said how great the sport could be if they could deliver away crowds every meeting to add some noise, and that "the pyro" must have made the sport look worth watching to those who may be less acquainted with the sport but watching on TV..

Incredible at the end to see what it meant to the Aces riders, and Matej in particular...

We sometimes feel that these lads are mercenaries travelling the globe riding for all and sundry to earn money, and they never really develop an affinity with the club or fans...

Well tonight Matej proved how much he loves riding for the Aces and what this meant to him tonight.. 

And my lad caught his sombrero when he threw it before Matej jumped into the crowd and celebrated with them..!!B)

Charlie doing a "John Terry" was a nice touch too..:D

A fantastic nights Speedway both on and off the track, and one that will live long in the memory.. 

Although I did say to my lad...

"It was very good, but it wasn't as good as '93 at Wolves"...:D

Well Done to the Aces. Unlucky Tigers..

Both teams served up 30 heats of great sporting excellence and drama...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Ellis being gracious in defeat on social media I see. Following his team managers lead I guess.

Lacks class if you can't suck it up and lose with grace. 

Haven't others been fined for making these sort of comments?

5 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

Kurtz knew the score there 

EXACTLY watching live going down the straight Brady knew what he was doing by not giving an inch and forcing the refs hand ,i could see it coming a mile off,but he did hit the bouncy fence quite hard !!! just to make sure Tobias was thrown out.Classic Brady and  in my opinion won the meeting for the aces with a hard block move on Holder,maybe Holder should have seen it coming as with Tobias who should have been more aware at where Brady was on the track.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

Just got home, not even going to bother reading all the pages on here as will be the normal moaning from the usual forum muppets.

After following them home and away everywhere for 29 years can say

BELLE VUE ACES CHAMPIONS!

I can vouch for that at Lynn, you're always there, enjoy the celebrations Rob! Special times!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Ellis being gracious in defeat on social media I see. Following his team managers lead I guess.

Lacks class if you can't suck it up and lose with grace. 

Yep, 2018!

Superb speedway..well done Belle Vue, unlucky Sheffield. Massive support from the hundreds of Manchester fans. Great meeting for Swindonian Tom Brennan. A great advert for speedway racing.:t:

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Great tie over 2 legs, Congrats to the Aces well deserved. Disappointed with Steady's comments blaming the ref... thought he was better than that

As we walked past the pits on the way out from the fourth turn, several Aces fans did actually trip up over his bottom lip due to it protruding so far ...:D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

EXACTLY watching live going down the straight Brady knew what he was doing by not giving an inch and forcing the refs hand ,i could see it coming a mile off,but he did hit the bouncy fence quite hard !!! just to make sure Tobias was thrown out.Classic Brady and  in my opinion won the meeting for the aces with a hard block move on Holder,maybe Holder should have seen it coming as with Tobias who should have been more aware at where Brady was on the track.

In my opinion Tobias was already past Kurtz. Kurtz was leaning all over Tobias down the back straight forcing his line into bend 3 and then almost gambled the ref would rule in his favour as he was always going to end in a heap. The camera angle from behind suggests Kurtz should have gone not Tobias, and that's what I'd have probably gone with. 

3 tough calls by the ref last night, first one right I think, but not so sure on the other two! But that's speedway.

Where does this 'block' move come from that Louis keeps banging on about. In the old days it would have been seen as a dirty move by Kurtz to stick his front wheel at Holder, his intention pretty clear and dangerous.

Btw, I'm neutral in all this cos I'm a Stars fan and jealous that we weren't in the playoffs again this year....!!

• Like 2

:)…Simon Lambert was the difference last night… 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Yeah. Those two league titles with Swindon and British individual title …. So much losing. 

Yes, fair play on those... all I've seen him do for most of this season is trail round at the back, he's hardly a habitual winner... oh and don't forget he massively let the Birmingham fans down, he's not a team man

Edited by iainb

9 hours ago, geoff100 said:

What did stead say i missed it?

Something like “I feel that over the two legs decisions have gone against us”. Tatum wasn’t impressed and thought Stead would regret saying what he did.

• Thanks 1

Some great drama with plenty for the fans to discuss, speedway at it's best. When speedway gets it right it's still a fantastic spectacle. The celebrations afterwards by fans, riders and management showed how much it meant to them.

I much prefer a great team match than individual meetings.

As far as the matches go, yes there were controversial incidents and none of the referee's decisions were easy, but let's concentrate on the positives.

Well done the Aces after 29 long years and Sheffield will be contenders again very soon, I'm sure. 

• Like 2

It'll be an interesting time at Sturminster Marshall over the next few days with best buddies Brady and Jack!!

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

That how it should be done :

Thought Tobi was their best rider over the 2 legs. Always gives 100%. Great rider for Swindon, won 2 titles, 2017/19. Good to see The Aces triumph at last. Simon Stead is a great guy, Sheffield will be back.

• Like 2