British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Hackett said:

If the Premiership and Championship format makes it past the AGM , I can only see Oxford and Glasgow making the step up. Whether they are willing to is a different matter. 

Not so sure Glasgow would step up,Oxford still in their honeymoon period IMO.

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Glasgows decision may well be influenced by what happens with Edinburgh? Oxford wanted to go straight to Premiership but bspl refused.

15 hours ago, Hackett said:

If the Premiership and Championship format makes it past the AGM , I can only see Oxford and Glasgow making the step up. Whether they are willing to is a different matter. 

The Premiership needs clubs, far more than these teams need to step up, so it would probably have to be under a criteria they approve of?

The same goes for Poole, if they say it's either Wednesdays or we stay Championship, they may have to allow it to keep the top league alive?

Edited by szkocjasid

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The Premiership needs clubs, far more than these teams need to step up, so it would probably have to be under a criteria they approve of?

The same goes for Poole, if they say it's either Wednesdays or we stay Championship, they may have to allow it to keep the top league alive?

Also financial as well apparently, so unless costs are reduced don't see it happening. Glasgow will have to save the prem league, they have plenty of money. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The Premiership may need Glasgow but Glasgow doesn't need the Premiership IMO. The racing at home is good even against the weaker teams, like Edinburgh. Moving up would mean the nearest team would be Manchester when EDI, Berwick and Redcar are all closer.

I've no great interest in what the Premiership does but wish the Championship teams would stick together and not be dictated to by a league the country can longer sustain.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hackett said:

I hope Oxford don’t , I see little benefit and increased costs.support has remained strong even through the cost of living crisis with many supporters travelling a considerable distance.

10 minutes ago, Toady said:

I hope Oxford don’t , I see little benefit and increased costs.support has remained strong even through the cost of living crisis with many supporters travelling a considerable distance.

Oxford charge Premiership prices wonder if they'll increase the ticket price if they go up?

33 minutes ago, MD said:

The Premiership may need Glasgow but Glasgow doesn't need the Premiership IMO. The racing at home is good even against the weaker teams, like Edinburgh. Moving up would mean the nearest team would be Manchester when EDI, Berwick and Redcar are all closer.

I've no great interest in what the Premiership does but wish the Championship teams would stick together and not be dictated to by a league the country can longer sustain.

Would agree

35 minutes ago, MD said:

Who has the most assets of the DU'ers? 

If its the Prem and they ask for big loan fees then that might force some teams up...

"You want to use our riders, then you pay"...

If its the Champ then they may hold the best cards so can dictate what happens...

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Who has the most assets of the DU'ers? 

If its the Prem and they ask for big loan fees then that might force some teams up...

"You want to use our riders, then you pay"...

If its the Champ then they may hold the best cards so can dictate what happens...

Generally I think the Prem do? Like Basso etc. Although I think Poole still have a few from their Prem days like Jack Holder, Brady Kurtz etc. 

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Generally I think the Prem do? Like Basso etc. Although I think Poole still have a few from their Prem days like Jack Holder, Brady Kurtz etc. 

I think Basso is a Glasgow asset with a swap done with Richard Lawson

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Colinspeedway said:

Oxford charge Premiership prices wonder if they'll increase the ticket price if they go up?

They would have to I would think to build a competitive side that’s why in the current climate they should stay where they are and remain strong financially and not burst the bubble

39 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Ah yes. I always think he is a Peterborough asset for some reason. Well that's good, even more assets for the Champ! :D

2 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Correct imagine forgetting that, suppose when you consume every thread it’s an easy mistake to make.

12 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Correct imagine forgetting that, suppose when you consume every thread it’s an easy mistake to make.

All the greeting about money bags Glasgow tapping him up in the play off final and forget? Unbelievable Jeff 

• Haha 1