British Speedway Forum

If Jenkins was the No.2 then Redcar would've been favourites to win everything next season imo.

Will need to find a good replacement for Shanes after a few meetings to have a perfect 1-7. 

HL Trio is fantastic and nobody else will have a better top three imo, Edwards is a brilliant signing at reserve, Hume will only improve again and Mulford is a decent enough 2.00 pointer imo.

11 minutes ago, Boothers said:

James Shanes' average at the EA is just over 5 points (5.07 from 6 matches) and that should improve riding regularly at the best track in the country. Decent 2nd string with the 3 heat leaders.

Hes had about 4-5 seasons at Birmingham won't be any improvement, he's more suited to grass and longtrack 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is it higher than Riss? 

8.45 without the reduction I think

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

8.45 without the reduction I think

Interestingly it rounds up to 8.24! With reduction it is 8.238.. So could have slotted in without having to change anyone else. 

Good looking side. Good top end, delighted to see Riss back. 

Hume is solid second string and Edwards should be one of top reserves in the league. Mulford looks to be one of the better 2 pointers, and was excellent up here in the Under 19 Final. 

19 minutes ago, Jeffo said:

Monster heat leaders...three of the best in the league. Danyon Hume should do well as back up to the big three. Jason Edwards will do a job at number six. James Shanes I never saw coming.

Coming back from injury so may struggle a bit at first and may end up swapping with Edwards in the reserve berth.

Jake mulford I saw last year at Kings Lynn in lewi's testimonial and he won the three reserve races and looked well tasty. If he rides like that for us he could be a awesome signing on a 2.00 average.

Overall a interesting side packed with potential possible top four side if we steer clear of injuries....well done the bears management on putting a good side out...roll on 2023

He actually won the first reserve race and then ran five lasts including some rides in the main meeting, but I agree he looked handy that day. 

As others have said handy looking team apart from Shanes. 

Edited by Bagpuss

8 minutes ago, TTT said:

If Jenkins was the No.2 then Redcar would've been favourites to win everything next season imo.

Will need to find a good replacement for Shanes after a few meetings to have a perfect 1-7. 

HL Trio is fantastic and nobody else will have a better top three imo, Edwards is a brilliant signing at reserve, Hume will only improve again and Mulford is a decent enough 2.00 pointer imo.

Interesting comments on Jenkins on the stream. 

They suggested they wanted him back but the deal he’s getting from Oxford was one they couldn’t match.

10 minutes ago, TTT said:

Or here's a crazy idea, give him a chance before dropping him?

• Like 1

Not sure I get all the anti-Shanes comments. He averaged 4.74 from 12 matches, starts on 4.68. From some of the responses it's like they have signed Lewis Miller on Sam Masters' average!

I'll admit I thought he would have done better after dropping to reserve at Birmingham (but not the easier number 7 spot) & is unlikely to up his average much. But I also see no reason why his average would drop, so a 4.7 rider at second string, or reserve if Edwards improves is a useful rider to have in the team imo.

Edited by szkocjasid

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Had about 4 or 5 years worth of chances.

Only reason he's at Redcar is because they couldn't get anyone else. Jamie basically said the No.2 spot has been a nightmare for them after another club stole the planned No.2 from them.

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure I get all the anti-Shanes comments. He averaged 4.74 from 12 matches, starts on 4.68. From some of the responses it's like they have signed Lewis Miller on Sam Masters' average!

I'll admit I thought he would have done better after dropping to reserve at Birmingham (but not the easier number 7 spot) & is unlikely to up his average much. But I also see no reason why his average would drop, so a 4.7 rider at second string, or reserve if Edwards improves is a useful rider to have in the team imo.

He's a danger to himself and other riders on the track imo doesn't have any track craft at all, just hangs on around the outside and hope's to stay on. Poor gater aswell. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Especially as he will be riding with Riss who is one of the best team riders around.....he will get plenty protection 

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Who turned Redcar over at the eleventh hour that's led to Redcar having to settle for James Shanes?

They originally had broc Nicol so not sure if Ross coming back made a reshuffle there. However they did also have ace pijper as well till well we know who came in.

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

Had about 4 or 5 years worth of chances.

Only reason he's at Redcar is because they couldn't get anyone else. Jamie basically said the No.2 spot has been a nightmare for them after another club stole the planned No.2 from them.

that’s why some teams announce riders pretty quickly ,until then there’s a chance they  can be persuaded away for a few dollars more  to move south yes they had broc nicol there until there #1 decided to go somewhere else and left broc without a team dew to points limit after having told another team he was sorted for next year now has no team at the moment 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1