British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, K7KDD said:

My Glasgow dream team..., all for fun, :-)

1. Benjamin Basso 8.52

2. Claus Vissing 5.00

3. Ben Cook 6.09

4. Marcin Nowak 5.00

5. Josh Pickering 8.92

6. Lee Complin 4.00

7. Ace Pijper 2.00

39.53 ?

You have had one Ben off us, your not having the other one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Like what.

Don’t implicate yourself on any reply and be sure to mention the following.

However I would not endorse any practice that may impact the integrity of the sport.

And also I emphasise that Edinburgh would not partake in any underhanded payments to there riders.

Was against seeing some of the "sponsors" who appeared last time this happened and would be if it happened again

11 hours ago, snapper said:

There is a cap this year no club can pay more than £90 a point

Brilliant,I sure I will be strictly monitored and adhered too.£90  a point at this level, don’t have genius to work out why the sport is in trouble financially and heavily subsidised by supporters initiatives.
Reckon the average points money must be around £50-£60 mark.Crowd levels barely cover that and general running costs at most Championship tracks.IMO.

£90 a point is cheap compared to what some riders were alleged to be on !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Brilliant,I sure I will be strictly monitored and adhered too.£90  a point at this level, don’t have genius to work out why the sport is in trouble financially and heavily subsidised by supporters initiatives.
Reckon the average points money must be around £50-£60 mark.Crowd levels barely cover that and general running costs at most Championship tracks.IMO.

I haven't seen the £90 per point mentioned officially anywhere. The AGM stated 'a limit on guarantees' rather than a curb on actual race points money.

£90 per point is certainly under what many heat leaders were on - as well as some 2nd strings!!

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

I haven't seen the £90 per point mentioned officially anywhere. The AGM stated 'a limit on guarantees' rather than a curb on actual race points money.

£90 per point is certainly under what many heat leaders were on - as well as some 2nd strings!!

Things will be twisted on whatever way they have to be to get the riders they want.

Years ago I remember hearing of one rider being on a guaranteed £300 per programmed ride meaning even if he actually only took 3 scoreless rides he was still taking £1200 home.

He would have been on points  and travel money too so its little wonder if other teams had similar deals many were in financial difficulties.

When you hear stories of riders also wanting bikes, spares, vans and accommodation and workshop facilities paid for it would it really does make it an expensive circus.

But just who are the clowns?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Next signing announced soon. New number 1 perhaps.

If Schlein can make a comeback, how about Shane Parker? I know he’s over 50 and has had serious heart problems but why let logic get in the way of a BSF post

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Biffa said:

What about the scrabble man returning 

Now that would be class. But the last I heard was that he was all settled down back home - new job, new girl and, erm, new hair!

But then his Instagram hints at a return

Edited by Wee Eck

39 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Next signing announced soon. New number 1 perhaps.

Anybody know when?.....it was Wednesday last week for Ace.

Thats the two from last season that we really wanted back now secured 

• Like 6