British Speedway Forum

40 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just me or are the "in the know" brigade doing anyone else's nut in?

Yep, no chance of any shock signings with them around! And I like a shock signing every now and again! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Just me or are the "in the know" brigade doing anyone else's nut in?

Redcar had the right approach doing the "big bang" and announcing the entire team at once. Make a big night of it.  Seem to remember us doing it at a STARS night at Hampden - and that was our league winning side! 

• Like 1

Great to see Marcel back in the stripes however the statement on the BSPA site has me wondering:

"Nowark missed out on British racing this year but has left all Polish leagues in order to rejoin the Ashfield side."

To commit to racing in Glasgow (and I have to assume Denmark, Sweden or wherever else) and not ride in his home country leagues he must be on some big guarantees sorry SPONSORSHIP.

11 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Great to see Marcel back in the stripes however the statement on the BSPA site has me wondering:

"Nowark missed out on British racing this year but has left all Polish leagues in order to rejoin the Ashfield side."

To commit to racing in Glasgow (and I have to assume Denmark, Sweden or wherever else) and not ride in his home country leagues he must be on some big guarantees sorry SPONSORSHIP.

Quite some signing this as on decent gear he can be a really tidy performer. Hadn’t clocked that before he hasn’t actually signed for anybody in Poland but he must be on a fair wedge to give that up.

19 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

No no no he’s coming over for the £90 a point and no guarantees and leaving the polish league and big money for his love of the stripes. Remember everyone is getting checked this year to make sure that’s happening, BSPA are being strict and all that. 

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Jaizer said:

One request... Can we keep basso and nowak apart? That's got watching through your fingers all over it!

Maybe it will be Brennan at 3, with Marcin at 4? Basso and Vissing at 1 and 2........

• Like 1

Good on Glasgow, nowak is an entertaining rider who is willing to get stuck in. The championship needs more riders like this,who cares what deal he's on,its nobody's business at the end of the day. :t:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

No no no he’s coming over for the £90 a point and no guarantees and leaving the polish league and big money for his love of the stripes. Remember everyone is getting checked this year to make sure that’s happening, BSPA are being strict and all that. 

He actually said that he wants to learn different tracks in UK to help him become a better rider

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

He actually said that he wants to learn different tracks in UK to help him become a better rider

Doesn’t suit the agenda the conspiracy theorists have.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

He’s no going to come out and say I’m leaving Poland cause I’m getting the same or more cash is he.

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Doesn’t suit the agenda the conspiracy theorists have.

Man City of speedway, get paid £500k a point. They all ride 600cc engines. 

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Man City of speedway, get paid £500k a point. They all ride 600cc engines. 

You will be hoping Cook is back on his 600cc this year then!!!!

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You will be hoping Cook is back on his 600cc this year then!!!!

That’s been confiscated by the possil youth team so he’s going to just use the rocket fuel instead.

• Haha 1

Interesting to note that he is actually signed up for Rzeszow in Poland in Division 2 for next year. Their squad consists of:

Kevin Wolbert
Jacob Thorsell
Jonas Jeppeson
Eduard Krcmar
Peter Kildemand
Marcin Nowak
Rafal Karcmarcz
Mateusz Tudziedz 

It is a requirement that all sides must feature at least 2 Poles and an U24 rider. For Rzeszow to comply with that then Nowak will have to ride unless he is being replaced by a junior which seems very unlikely. Clear as mud ey?

• Like 1