British Speedway Forum

Decent looking line up for the Possilpark Globetrotters so far. It'll be interesting to see who the second reserve is - not sure they can totally gamble as they don't need any pressure on young Pijper. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

This is true. Looking forward to the hammering we’ll be receiving in few weeks at ibrox.

Can’t be a real fan as it’s next Thursday.

14 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Can’t be a real fan as it’s next Thursday.

Soon as that, thought it was a week on Saturday. Sooner the better to get it over with I guess.

On 12/8/2022 at 8:19 AM, phillipsr said:

What do you actually get for winning? Are there any financial benefits? Winning put Workington out of business a couple of years back!! Who outside a few hundred hardcore fans actually cares about who wins what? 

Kyle Howarth does and backs up my opinion that speedway is about winning trophies and not just about riders just doing a job to feed their family and earning money  he said I want to win stuff I want trophies On my cv  so all you people who have said trophies etc mean nothing and I got shot down by some on here for suggesting that was the case I rest my case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Decent looking line up for the Possilpark Globetrotters so far. It'll be interesting to see who the second reserve is - not sure they can totally gamble as they don't need any pressure on young Pijper. 

According to the SPEEDWAY grapevine there's some yourkshire grit heading to the tigers in 2023 on a 4 point ish average 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Mistake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

According to the SPEEDWAY grapevine there's some yourkshire grit heading to the tigers in 2023 on a 4 point ish average 

Think you will find it's L.C. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yup 

• Haha 2

I’m getting lost on the numbers so, if Lee Complin is the sixth signing, how many points are left for the last rider?

2 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m getting lost on the numbers so, if Lee Complin is the sixth signing, how many points are left for the last rider?

5.01 I believe which the missing rider will be Vissing

2 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

5.01 I believe which the missing rider will be Vissing

Thank you. To me, it’s a gamble of a team but exciting too. Basso and Brennan are likely to improve, Novak maybe better this time round and Pijper looks a great prospect. Which leaves Harris - was 2022 his swansong year or is there more to come? - Complin - he’s a big lad now for a speedway rider but good to see him back - and Vissing.- anyone know what went wrong for him at Birmingham?

8 hours ago, Essex said:

Kyle Howarth does and backs up my opinion that speedway is about winning trophies and not just about riders just doing a job to feed their family and earning money  he said I want to win stuff I want trophies On my cv  so all you people who have said trophies etc mean nothing and I got shot down by some on here for suggesting that was the case I rest my case.

You know as well as everyone else why Howarth signed for Plymouth and it has nothing to do with trophies, it’s stuff he wants, stuff you can buy things with.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Nobody from Yorkshire will be riding for us next season

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

Complin will not be riding for Glasgow 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Huh not content with home track advantage you want the sun too?

would also like a last heat decider cinders and then  one of those new fangled run off thingys to decide the  bonus point,and if your there in the stadium a nice pint of cold cider please !!