British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Really? 20 meetings at 45 points a meeting, paying £100/a point, would be £90,000 before you even do anything else…

Yes really, as they don’t pay Glasgow style wages , like £100 a point ! they run the club on a realistic budget based on gate receipts ,sponsorship income and revenue from weekend sessions and hiring out the stadium. That’s why they haven’t followed Workington ( the previous one ) Eastbourne , Newcastle and a few others.

Edited by KK62

32 minutes ago, davie10 said:

never been barred numb nuts 

So just in a huff because you got flung out the tractor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wish the Facenas were running Panthers. Improving the stadium every year, & putting very competitive teams out. Would have a few more trophies if they had a bit more luck with injuries as well, in my opinion.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Cerro said:

Aye…..and one of the longest huffs in creation. Naeb’dy’s askin you to like the Tigers, the Facennas or Cami  Davie but you’ve still got to come on here every so often and bleat about them. If you don’t enjoy speedway at Glasgow then why bother, just give up your interest in it. It’s no’ all about winning trophies. 

Edited by ragdoll64
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

And how much has it cost, Berwick, Edinburgh, Scunthorpe, Birmingham, Oxford, Plymouth,Redcar,Newcastle, Eastbourne and Somerset to win nothing for the last 7 years? 

If they pull that 100k a year from the club, how long will it last?

Would suggest that's well understated. The subsidy has been two or three times that amount in the years prior to lockdown and is no longer shown in the abbreviated accounts.  

2 hours ago, Beirao said:

Would suggest that's well understated. The subsidy has been two or three times that amount in the years prior to lockdown and is no longer shown in the abbreviated accounts.  

That's the figure they quoted in 2019, which is why it gets repeated.

I'm fairly sure that figure also only includes ongoing running costs, not any capital investment.

So next year they want to replace the air fence, at an advertised cost of about £40,000, but I suspect they would count that separately. Quite possibly the same with things like the lighting and the new turn three stand, which I'm sure I read somewhere was going in this week in time for the under-21 final.

The 2019 loss was 98k but that was after Allied Vehicles subsidy of £182k, so £280 k shortfall. Capital investment is depreciated over the exoected life of the asset so each year bears part of the capital cost. 

Any word on the turn three stand? 

Edited by Beirao

15 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Considering what they have done for Glasgow speedway that is a very poor comment considering you claim your Team is Glasgow,you wouldn’t be watching speedway in Glasgow in great surroundings and great track to watch the sport if it wasn’t for Faccena’s.

He doesn't go anymore.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, proud panther said:

Wish the Facenas were running Panthers. Improving the stadium every year, & putting very competitive teams out. Would have a few more trophies if they had a bit more luck with injuries as well, in my opinion.

Excellent point that a lot of people tend to forget.

• Like 2

Not close since Poole have been in the Championship. Nothing to do with injuries. Poole have always built better teams. More thought required to properly challenge for the title.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not close since Poole have been in the Championship. Nothing to do with injuries. Poole have always built better teams. More thought required to properly challenge for the title.

Agreed Steve, although on paper we are still the best team in the league, and the ideal senerio is to finish top, but we seem to be making heavy work of it. Although theres a fair way to go yet and yes we have meetings in hand, but i would rather points in the bag..  Berwick were flattered by the score on weds , imo the track didnt play to our strengths early doors , but the more the meeting progressed  the further we went away.

27 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Agreed Steve, although on paper we are still the best team in the league, and the ideal senerio is to finish top, but we seem to be making heavy work of it. Although theres a fair way to go yet and yes we have meetings in hand, but i would rather points in the bag..  Berwick were flattered by the score on weds , imo the track didnt play to our strengths early doors , but the more the meeting progressed  the further we went away.

Could someone change the title of this thread, thought it was Glasgow 2023, or would it be better if the two :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown: s ............................ off?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Cerro said:

never got flung out the tractor either numb nuts get your facts right 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not really "better teams" I would say better foresight and use of the points limit.

Last year and please correct me if I'm wrong, but not a single Poole rider was riding out of the country, I also believe only 3 of the riders were doubled up in the premier. So fatigue didn't seem to be an issue later on in the season.

This year you got Zach Cook on a steal of an average which allowed to build a slightly stronger reserve pairing.

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Could someone change the title of this thread, thought it was Glasgow 2023, or would it be better if the two :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown: s ............................ off?

Need to change every thread title then.

They pollute every thread and think everyone else is interested, not all I must add but the usual suspects.

• Like 2