British Speedway Forum

Anyone know if Tarasenko is available for the Championship riders final on Sunday….

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Beirao said:

Thanks arnieg.  Get it now. The way the averages page is laid out, I thought " To be effective 7 days after the last qualifying meeting" was only for NDL averages, as it's in the same paragraph. 

It's been that way since I started going to speedway in 1970. Reserves were lowest two averages from last six matches. So they changed after every match - but only seven days later.

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ridiculous that Tarasenko has the same 5 average in both Premier and Championship. There’s really no doubt whatsoever that Glasgow with this signing will win the Championship this season.

They won’t need decent reserves as the top 5 will be overpowering. It’s a signing similar to Lambert coming into BV last season to win the playoffs for them.

But if it is within the rules, then so be it.

At last a sensible and knowledgeable post 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

We could have done it with Rew first few months of the season though. Changes my plan of picking Glasgow now though if we did finish top. 

Please Oxford finish second, really don't wanna be in the group of death lol ;)

Oxford's chances of winning at Glasgow were already quite slim, but now.....

16 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Anyone know if Tarasenko is available for the Championship riders final on Sunday….

Is he light enough? 

Doesnt seem a big lad so maybe give him a go...:D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I tried to word my post fairly as to not come over as sour grapes. My post was not meant bitter at all. If it is within the rules, so be it. But if this is actually allowed, then the rules are very wrong and such a signing makes a mockery of the whole league competition. 

if it’s in the rules then it’s ok it’s a bit like how the cook brothers are still on really low averages 6.7/5.88  dew to them being rolling ave  ,yet both are scoring hellva  a lot more than that  yet Ace has now put 1.4 on his ave from a 2 to now a 3.4 which is roughly what both cooks have put on their assessed 5 ave  this year 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Extraleague riders should not be riding uk Championship. What’s now to stop Poole from getting Dominic Kubera in to replace Kyle Newman should they tempt him with a big cheque?

It would be ridiculous.

Didn't that used to be in the rules? No Polish top league riders in Div 2...?

I presume because they raced on Fridays and Sundays when Div 2 used to have lots of meetings..

So it made sense..

And they would have been too good in the main, so it made even more sense...

Wouldn't be Speedway (UK), without someone challenging an unfit for purpose rule... :D

5 minutes ago, mac101 said:

if it’s in the rules then it’s ok it’s a bit like how the cook brothers are still on really low averages 6.7/5.88  dew to them being rolling ave  ,yet both are scoring hellva  a lot more than that  yet Ace has now put 1.4 on his ave from a 2 to now a 3.4 which is roughly what both cooks have put on their assessed 5 ave  this year 

It’s nothing like the Cook averages. Their averages are correct. Both fire hot and cold, though their averages are rising as they improve.

Tarasenko is a Polish Extraleague top rider. No comparison between Tarasenko and the Cooks. At all. Or Worrall. Or Lawson. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s nothing like the Cook averages. Their averages are correct. Both fire hot and cold, though their averages are rising as they improve.

Tarasenko is a Polish Extraleague top rider. No comparison between Tarasenko and the Cooks. At all. Or Worrall. Or Lawson. 

Keep chomping on those grapes

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Correct , our new boy is a class above the British journeyman heat leader . Dont you just love a good old fashioned speedway rulebook loophole,  I know i do . 

Will we order in the bunting now or do the decent thing and wait till after the play offs ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This is beautiful 

Poole fans all up in arms because another side have the foresight to make a good change

Poole speedway the team who have cheated and bent the rules over the years complaining when another team acts within the rules 

Lovely to see the Poole mob crying 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

This is beautiful 

Poole fans all up in arms because another side have the foresight to make a good change

Poole speedway the team who have cheated and bent the rules over the years complaining when another team acts within the rules 

Lovely to see the Poole mob crying 

"Poole fans all up in arms"?? Where exactly? As usual Gav sees things in his dreams. Poor soul.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sanctions should be made against Nowak next time he comes to our shores after heading home and putting the Polish League 1st (increase in average perhaps) to ensure clubs don't use this get around to strengthen teams, and we all know it's a scam to get a stronger 1-7 for the playoffs.

Just in from work what’s the Taresenko talk about thought it was the young Pole from Peterborough?.

Anyway just quickly scanned and see the usual suspects not too happy at this , if there not happy then this makes me extremely happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

"Poole fans all up in arms"?? Where exactly? As usual Gav sees things in his dreams. Poor soul.

Yeah only SS has had an issue with it. Oxford fans on twitter are moaning about it more than us! ;)