British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Hopefully they keep the points limit at 42 as 40 would make the product worse imo. 

If 42 would like to see us line up like so 

1. Masters               
2. Fredricksen    
3. Sedgmen      
4. castanga         
5. Cook          
6. hook        
7. Complin 

Think Masters be heading south to other pastures new not Brum just my own assumption as he just become a dad again and may want to be based closer to home

Edited by zlata prilba

2 hours ago, Edin03 said:

Great news. Common sense to get Speedway back at Armadale. The land owners were never going to sell the land for the price asked, so it's good news on both sides to continue with speedway.

19 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

Think Masters be heading south to other pastures new not Brum just my own assumption as he just become a dad again and may want to be based closer to home

I would be surprised if that was the case. 

3 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Or Ellsmere Port, Exeter, Milton Kenynes or any track that's closed.

Yep not rocket science.

Pleased for the fans, takes away the uncertainty if running or not.

Also let’s the promotion plan team building early knowing next season is secured.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Blobby’s team will be close I think. Thomsen or Sedgmen the choice. 

Yup -that looks about right to keep the total under 41 ( with 2 x 2.5% reductions ).  JS seems to have had a transformation this year, but without that I would have given Kye the gig instead.  Sam, Cookie and Sedgy all in the same team would be a formidable trio and they all gel well together too as has been witnessed in the past.  However if points limit drops to 40 I would doubt if any team could afford to spend 10.58 on a #1 to leave only 29.42 for 6 others.  AFIK nothing official yet on limits so who knows ?  Main thing is we are running in 2023 so that is one heck of an early Christmas present !   Great credit to our management and to the stadium owners for making it happen.

7 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Hopefully they keep the points limit at 42 as 40 would make the product worse imo. 

If 42 would like to see us line up like so 

1. Masters               
2. Fredricksen    
3. Sedgmen      
4. castanga         
5. Cook          
6. hook        
7. Complin 

I'd disagree with that, it would make the product weaker but not necessarily worse.

Take a heat 4, Lawson & Ablitt vs Pickering & Hook, you'll likely get 2 riders miles behind the others.

I'm not suggesting a 38 point limit is the way to go, but if every team was the strength of Birmingham & Newcastle i.e Auty & Pearson vs Starke & Complin the racing should be closer!

5 hours ago, Edin03 said:

Fab news, providing it all goes smoothly. Never want to see clubs close. Hope the Monarchs can now find a new stadium for 2024.