British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Can't see that one coming to pass somehow - not even close probably.  Just as a wee observation - am beginning to feel a bit sorry for Ricky Wells i.e. cannot recall seeing a single mention of him in any of the teams suggested here or elsewhere.  His average looks to be 5.20 which is not quite in no mans land for team building I would have thought.  At present not quite the 7.00 plus Ricky of old but still "only" 31 y.o. and certainly capable of more than 5.20 as an experienced campaigner.  Maybe getting a home track that suits him well and we may see an upturn in form ?  Just a thought.

I think he may be retiring.

6 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Can't see that one coming to pass somehow - not even close probably.  Just as a wee observation - am beginning to feel a bit sorry for Ricky Wells i.e. cannot recall seeing a single mention of him in any of the teams suggested here or elsewhere.  His average looks to be 5.20 which is not quite in no mans land for team building I would have thought.  At present not quite the 7.00 plus Ricky of old but still "only" 31 y.o. and certainly capable of more than 5.20 as an experienced campaigner.  Maybe getting a home track that suits him well and we may see an upturn in form ?  Just a thought.

Think it was said last season Ricky's was retiring.

1 minute ago, Edin03 said:

I think he may be retiring.

Beat me by 10 seconds lol

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Beat me by 10 seconds lol

That seems an excellent reason for him not being given a mention then !   Clearly missed that wherever it was said.  Always enjoyed watching Ricky's races - nice tidy style especially on small tracks.  Maybe have a change of heart after a couple of years out - if the bug bites again and enthusiasm is rekindled ?

1. Josh Pickering 8.92
2. Jacob Hook 4.00
3. Kye Thomson 6.60
4. Michele Castagna 4.93
5. Craig Cook 8.23
6. Lasse Frederiksen 4.00
7. Kyle Bickley 2.85

= 39.53

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TTT said:

1. Josh Pickering 8.92
2. Jacob Hook 4.00
3. Kye Thomson 6.60
4. Michele Castagna 4.93
5. Craig Cook 8.23
7. Kyle Bickley 2.85

= 39.53

You may well get the cigar for that one !  Cannot be far off that surely - not too dissimilar from 2022 but a bit weaker with no Sam. We ended up doing ok in the end so maybe play off candidates again if a couple of last years intake show progress.

2 hours ago, TTT said:

1. Josh Pickering 8.92
2. Jacob Hook 4.00
3. Kye Thomson 6.60
4. Michele Castagna 4.93
5. Craig Cook 8.23
7. Kyle Bickley 2.85

= 39.53

Switch hook and lasse in the order and I don’t think you’ll be too far off. 

36 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Switch hook and lasse in the order and I don’t think you’ll be too far off. 

I’d be tempted to give Lasse the reserve berth to start the season

Is Hook going to be a Jye Etheridge 'worst Australian ever' or is he genuinely just not very good? Seems a risk to bring him back on a 4 when he wasn't close to that last season.

2 hours ago, Edin03 said:

I’d be tempted to give Lasse the reserve berth to start the season

Given that Lasse finished with a higher average than Jacob (albeit still under 4), despite spending the whole season in the top 5, logically it would make sense to declare the stronger rider as the reserve.

However, if Fredriksen still doesn't go over 4 from reserve, Hook will be stuck at number 2. A lack of points there could destroy him.

2 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Is Hook going to be a Jye Etheridge 'worst Australian ever' or is he genuinely just not very good? Seems a risk to bring him back on a 4 when he wasn't close to that last season.

He tends to jump out the start, and sometimes grab a win, once per meeting. I hope he's learned a lot from this season. Nowhere near the worst rider I've ever seen and one I would be happy to see included in 2023.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JCookie said:

You clearly never saw Harley horwood or Michael penfold if think hook is bad and worst Australian ever 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

You clearly never saw Harley horwood or Michael penfold if think hook is bad and worst Australian ever 

Jayden O’Malley don’t forget him.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Do you mean…….“MR. HARLEEEY HORWOOOOOD!!!” ?……..lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JCookie said:

Odd take. I think you’d find most Monarch’s fans would have him back. 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Jayden O’Malley don’t forget him.

I raise you Ricky Wallace.