British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

As each day or so passes the rest will be revealed.

Richard Lawson not signing then.

I heard the deal was done in September.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Richard Lawson not signing then.

I heard the deal was done in September.

You just look out for your Harris in the stripes announcement

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

As each day or so passes the rest will be revealed.

I signed up for the ‘name on suit’ sponsorship again but it would have been nice to have had some names before it was launched on social media.

19 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

I signed up for the ‘name on suit’ sponsorship again but it would have been nice to have had some names before it was launched on social media.

I think you look for things to be unhappy about. 

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I think you look for things to be unhappy about. 

It’s called expressing an opinion. I am more than happy we are running next year.

13 hours ago, Endeavour said:

It’s called expressing an opinion. I am more than happy we are running next year.

So Kyle Bickley completes his set of signing for all the Northern teams.

Quite a change going from the bigger tracks of Workington, Glasgow and Berwick to the tighter Armadale.

Hopefully the change will bring out the potential said to be there.

• Like 1

Probably one of the stronger number 7s in the league with a lot of teams running 2 pointers I’d fancy him to beat them majority of the time home and away. 

As a club we’re quite good at bringing on young riders so hopefully we’ll be able to do the same with Kyle as he has the potential to put a put at least on that average.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

So Kyle Bickley completes his set of signing for all the Northern teams.

Quite a change going from the bigger tracks of Workington, Glasgow and Berwick to the tighter Armadale.

Hopefully the change will bring out the potential said to be there.

Bickley is a extremely poor signing. Hasnt progressed one single bit since being at workington in 2018, infact if anything he has declined 

Edited by Midget

7 minutes ago, Midget said:

Bickley is an extremely poor signing. Hasnt progressed one single bit since being at workington in 2018, infact if anything he has declined 

Is it though? Much weaker league were a lot of teams are running either one or two 2.00 riders. I’d fancy him to beat them more often that not home and away. If doing that I’d fancy him to get 4/5 points a meeting which is doing his job at 7. 

Also now at a track he’s always scored reasonably well at and will help boost his confidence and he won’t be put under any pressure.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Is it though? Much weaker league were a lot of teams are running either one or two 2.00 riders. I’d fancy him to beat them more often that not home and away. If doing that I’d fancy him to get 4/5 points a meeting which is doing his job at 7. 

Also now at a track he’s always scored reasonably well at and will help boost his confidence and he won’t be put under any pressure.

If he doesn’t improve significantly this season from a reserve position in a very weak league there’s something wrong.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

All riders should feel under pressure - from within, from their promoters, their family and their fans. Do you not think Bartosz Zmarzlik feels under pressure?
I have been aware of Kyle since his British Youth Championship years when there were three stand out riders - Kyle, Tom Brennan and Leon Flint. When Kyle was 15, he was the best of these three but seems to have lost his way and I don’t know why.

I was aware that there was great family pressure on him to succeed so maybe that didn’t help. But then Brennan and Flint were also being pushed by their families. Maybe the difference was these two weren’t being promoted to would be sponsors to the same extent?

I would love this to be Kyle’s breakthrough year and for him to put the past behind him. I gather he’s got a job outside speedway which has to help - being a full time rider at his level (indeed, at many levels) isn’t really a proper job. His actual average seems to be under 3 so there’s loads of room for improvement. 

• Like 1

At a massive crossroads in his career, hopefully this move will kick-start things for him again. One of those riders who has found the jump from NL to Champs too big unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Bickley seems to have followed a similar career trajectory as jack Thomas until 2 years ago. Jack signed for us as a teenager and looked a prospect but stagnated as a 2/3 pointer for 3/4 years. Penny seemed to drop at Birmingham in 2021 and looks a totally different rider nowadays (on steal of an average too imo).

Hopefully same thing happens with Kyle, might never be world champion but sure can have a decent career at it 

• Like 2