British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford Cheetahs 2023

Be warned at some point there will be a falling out with Atkins not maybe with him but if daddy gets involved it could all end in tears because he thinks young Henry is a lot better than he is at the moment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baiden said:

I think the ‘most successful’ comment was meant from a financial/commercial point of view. Obviously not from a trophy perspective! 

No disrespect intended, they've done exceptionally well, but I doubt that's accurate even from a financial/commercial point of view

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

As I say it is called the look at me syndrome.

Or aren’t we great aren’t we.

It’s just Mr Barrie brown nosing for another freeby next season at Oxford.

54 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No disrespect intended, they've done exceptionally well, but I doubt that's accurate even from a financial/commercial point of view

When you're getting the biggest attendances in the league, if not the country, then I'm sure it is probably accurate.

2,000 x £18 = £36,000 a meeting, plus an additional 600 (ish) x £12 for the Chargers = £7,200. I doubt any other club (except maybe Belle Vue) got those kind of gate receipts week in/week out.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bojangles said:

When you're getting the biggest attendances in the league, if not the country, then I'm sure it is probably accurate.

2,000 x £18 = £36,000 a meeting, plus an additional 600 (ish) x £12 for the Chargers = £7,200. I doubt any other club (except maybe Belle Vue) got those kind of gate receipts week in/week out.

So the 2000 and the 600 are all full paying adults? I don't think so. Plus how much sponsorship  and advertising revenue do Oxford get? You really need to get down to Poole and see a big crowd. And once again no disrespect to Oxford who have done a great job. Long may it continue.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So the 2000 and the 600 are all full paying adults? I don't think so. Plus how much sponsorship  and advertising revenue do Oxford get? You really need to get down to Poole and see a big crowd. And once again no disrespect to Oxford who have done a great job. Long may it continue.

So big they can't compete against a rubbishhouse Football Team like Bournemouth whose Stadium is smaller than some SUBBUTEO box stadiums...:nono:

Some Poole fans really do need to get out of the Nursing homes a bit more often than the weekly sardine cram in to the Minibus to allow deep cleaning of their establishments

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, HGould said:

So big they can't compete against a rubbishhouse Football Team like Bournemouth whose Stadium is smaller than some SUBBUTEO box stadiums...:nono:

Some Poole fans really do need to get out of the Nursing homes a bit more often than the weekly sardine cram in to the Minibus to allow deep cleaning of their establishments

You seem very cross. Regardless of age profile, Poole have consistently run with really good crowds suggesting that they are managing to attract younger people (maybe younger oldies!) year after year.

But then this is an Oxford thread so well done to the owners, the promoters, the riders and the supporters. You have done what few achieve by being successful in your first year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Can you at least debate without all the abuse.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Can we just be thankful that both tracks get good crowds. Not everything is a competition! :t:

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can you at least debate without all the abuse.

Thanks. 

Don’t think he can.!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Be warned at some point there will be a falling out with Atkins not maybe with him but if daddy gets involved it could all end in tears because he thinks young Henry is a lot better than he is at the moment.

I think it would be fare to say the only bit of good luck Mark Phillips has had in 2022 was selling Henry Atkins to Oxford!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Look At Me!

Look At Me!

Look At Me!

Not Them!

Me!

Etc, etc, etc Ad Infinitum...:D

Best of luck to Poole in the final...

A victory for Poole will really be a "Victory for Speedway"...

And resonate far and wide, bringing huge publicity for the sport..

The Dorchester Reporter could even do a half page spread just above the local Meat raffle results from the British Legion...:D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Look At Me!

Look At Me!

Look At Me!

Not Them!

Me!

Etc, etc, etc Ad Infinitum...:D

Best of luck to Poole in the final...

A victory for Poole will really be a "Victory for Speedway"...

And resonate far and wide, bringing huge publicity for the sport..

The Dorchester Reporter could even do a half page spread just above the local Meat raffle results from the British Legion...:D

I see the BV success hasn't lasted long!!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

When I was was with the Diamonds, I used the figure of 63% of all admissions were full paying adults for planning and from analysis.