British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

18 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

No, I'm on discovery plus listening to chris and kelvin. There should be an audio options button somewhere you can select

Can't find any speedway on there?

19 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

No, I'm on discovery plus listening to chris and kelvin. There should be an audio options button somewhere you can select

Thank you I was just coming to ask the same, I cant hear any commentary just the stadium noise. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have it at Wolves and see what happens.

Better bloody hurry up, then!

At least you didn't say Poole...

• Haha 2

Why when Morris and co get involved with these good tracks, do they constantly make a pigs ear of them? Why is the track so slick that the racing line is 1 meter from the white line?? Usually the racing is pretty good from this track. Just like the GP's  absolutely rubbish

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Daddylive.sx are showing

Showing what? ;)

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Showing what? ;)

Passing?

Why do the keep insisting on this drone camera thing, It's bloody awful

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Rubbish racing and terrible crowd. Shows exactly what health speedway is in

I can agree to some extent. However it just shows that you can't all 4 events at the same track. Track has to be ultra slick to be able to handle 4 races in 5 days.
Not enough supporter base to cover 4 races at the same venue.

I think it has to be split up or have some kind of dual hosts. Like both Semi finals in one country (i.ex. in Britain at Manchester and Kings Lynn)
then have the race off and final in another country, like Sweden with race off at one track and the final at another (i.e. in Sweden like Eskilstuna/Sannahed and Västervik/Gislaved).
Semi finals races are close enough for allowing fans to from abroad to travel to see both, but still not too close to rely on the same supporter base to 100 percent.

• Like 3

Just now, Jester said:

Can they not put the team scores up on screen more often? Useless.

It is Eurosport....

6 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

Why when Morris and co get involved with these good tracks, do they constantly make a pigs ear of them? Why is the track so slick that the racing line is 1 meter from the white line?? Usually the racing is pretty good from this track. Just like the GP's  absolutely rubbish

Morris should let somone else   sort the tracks and he could act as pit marshall

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 2

This could have been held at Bydgoszcz. The locals would enjoy as would we the fans for the racing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

I can agree to some extent. However it just shows that you can't all 4 events at the same track. Track has to be ultra slick to be able to handle 4 races in 5 days.
Not enough supporter base to cover 4 races at the same venue.

I think it has to be split up or have some kind of dual hosts. Like both Semi finals in one country (i.ex. in Britain at Manchester and Kings Lynn)
then have the race off and final in another country, like Sweden with race off at one track and the final at another (i.e. in Sweden like Eskilstuna/Sannahed and Västervik/Gislaved).
Semi finals races are close enough for allowing fans to from abroad to travel to see both, but still not too close to rely on the same supporter base to 100 percent.

Absolutely. Format is the problem. FIM are the problem

Surely the tv companies and sponsors can't be happy with this ?

Fans obviously aren't happy. Someone travels half way round the world and prefers to sit in the hotel :D

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

Morris should let somone else   sort the tracks and he could act as pit marshall

He'd probably still flood the place...

• Like 2