British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

43 minutes ago, chunky said:

Okay, let's assume the Aussies make the final. Each of the four teams has three full-time GP riders. I know that the draw and individual race lineups will affect things, but I just worked something out simply.

Let's say that every GP rider will lose to every rider above him in the standings, and beat everyone below him in the standings. So, as Number 1, Zmarzlik would be unbeaten, and Madsen (No. 7), would lose to the four above him (leaving out Lindgren and Vaculik) but beat everyone below him. This is how it would work out:

POL 30 - Zmarzlik 15, Dudek 8, Janowski 7.

DEN 24 - Madsen 11, Thomsen 7, Michelsen 6.

GBR 35 - Bewley 13, Lambert 11, Woffinden 11.

AUS 37 - Holder 14, Doyle 13, Fricke 10.

So, that's just a simple rating system based on standings, but it doesn't appear to be as clear-cut as a lot of people think.

Brilliant workings, at odds of 4/1 I will be having a nibble, you've convinced me.:t:

• Haha 1

Just now, nw42 said:

Brilliant workings, at odds of 4/1 I will be having a nibble, you've convinced me.:t:

Just don't blame me if you lose!

44 minutes ago, chunky said:

Okay, let's assume the Aussies make the final. Each of the four teams has three full-time GP riders. I know that the draw and individual race lineups will affect things, but I just worked something out simply.

Let's say that every GP rider will lose to every rider above him in the standings, and beat everyone below him in the standings. So, as Number 1, Zmarzlik would be unbeaten, and Madsen (No. 7), would lose to the four above him (leaving out Lindgren and Vaculik) but beat everyone below him. This is how it would work out:

So, that's just a simple rating system based on standings, but it doesn't appear to be as clear-cut as a lot of people think.

interesting, and a couple of the others could have a bad or a good day thats why i think this is the best format for world cup meetings.

Just now, chunky said:

Just don't blame me if you lose!

Of course, I mean I'm backing GB, based on how disappointing Max Fricke was last night.

6 minutes ago, DazS said:

interesting, and a couple of the others could have a bad or a good day thats why i think this is the best format for world cup meetings.

I can't argue that. It's just that the semis can be a little dull with such a difference between the top two teams and the bottom two.

1 minute ago, chunky said:

I can't argue that. It's just that the semis can be a little dull with such a difference between the top two teams and the bottom two.

agree. but it is good seeing some one rip up the script now and again.

MONSTER ENERGY FIM SWC RACE OFF STARTING LINE-UPS:

FRANCE – RED

1. David Bellego (captain)

2. Steven Goret

3. Mathieu Tresarrieu

4. Mathias Tresarrieu

5. Dimitri Berge

Team Manager: Laurent Sambarrey

AUSTRALIA – BLUE

1. Jack Holder

2. Jason Doyle (captain)

3. Max Fricke

4. Jaimon Lidsey

5. Chris Holder

Team Manager: Mark Lemon

SWEDEN – WHITE

1. Oliver Berntzon

2. Jacob Thorssell

3. Antonio Lindback

4. Kim Nilsson

5. Fredrik Lindgren (captain)

Team Manager: Morgan Andersson

CZECH REPUBLIC – YELLOW

1. Hynek Stichauer

2. Jan Kvech

3. Petr Chlupac

4. Daniel Klima

5. Vaclav Milik (captain)

Team Manager: Zdenek Schneiderwind 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chunky said:

Again, several people have commented that the track condition is perfectly understandable, knowing that there are four meetings in five days. The main thing is that the track is not cutting up with holes and ruts everywhere. Something has to be said for that.

yes i would agree that the track hasn't cut up, however the entertainment served up because of track preparation has been poor, very poor. Ata the end of the day what is the point of holding the event if people aren't being entertained?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Odds On said:

yes i would agree that the track hasn't cut up, however the entertainment served up because of track preparation has been poor, very poor. Ata the end of the day what is the point of holding the event if people aren't being entertained?

Again, that is the problem when you stage four meetings in five days. I see no reason why they couldn't have use a couple of tracks.

Doesn't just matter about a couple of tracks. As i said previously you need a couple of countries. Poland is never going to support this sort of thing without their own country racing. You get a crowd like a junior meeting. And basically add the fact that there would be a fair few journalists from around the world boosting the pathetic crowd there was

If the first couple of meetings were held in Germany or Latvia you'd be sure of a few 1000 at least. Fans would be glad to see some of the top riders

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grachan said:

If UK are on form then our top 3 have the beating of everyone bar Zmarzlik - and there's no reason why he can't also be beaten sometimes. So we have a chance.

Out Achilles heel, of course, is the lack of a World class 4th rider, which will probably be our undoing even if we keep it close. I have seen all the whining about Adam Ellis, but he won a race and beat Freddie Lindgren, so I doubt we have anyone who could have done any better at this level.

I'm pretty sure Poland will win though, but I think they can be kept within sight.

Having 3 world class riders should be enough to win if the team managers use their brains and apply the Czech's policy.

Move Dan to reserve and put Tom at 2. Tom & Adam take their first ride then are replaced by Dan. If we fall 6 points behind the leader then Tai or Robert can take a tactical ride.

There's only 20 heats, six rides each for the top 3 only leaves two to be ridden by Adam and Tom. Challenging for Gold then maybe Tom & Adam have to take a second ride in rounds 4 or 5 ie heats 13-20  

• Like 2

Find it a bit strange Brady Kurtz isnt in the Australian team. You would normally think he would have been chosen over Lidsey but you cant do that now so i would think dropping Fricke maybe have been an option.

32 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Find it a bit strange Brady Kurtz isnt in the Australian team. You would normally think he would have been chosen over Lidsey but you cant do that now so i would think dropping Fricke maybe have been an option.

Chris Holder for me, way past his best and hardly ridden this year due to injury.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chunky said:

Good god mate you ve got too much time on your hands to go to the trouble of working that out lol and you ve not included my mate smarzlik