British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

A look on the bright side !!

There are many of you aggrieved about last season, how long to finish it, finals in November, somethings not finished, but what about the good stuff?. Things that went right, stuff that was good.

I will start you off with 2, What a coming of age for Rob Lambert & Dan Bewley.

Birmingham finished the season (many predicted it closing).

Your turn , let's find some positives for 2023 and lets try and build on them.

I don't think this is thd thread for me! ;)

Good luck!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Positive #1: Wolves only tracked six double-uppers in their seven man team! Could've been seven! :D

Positive #2: The Premiership Pairs lasted more rounds than I expected!

Positive #3: (to be edited in later, if I think of one!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Summer weather was lovely, meaning crowds would have been decent hopefully..

The Aces won the league which can only be good for the sport given they do have a tacit recognition outside of the sports usual followers...

BSN came along and offered something different and according to those who purchased regularly, improved all through the season..

Peter Collins wrote a book and it is a great read....

And Bomber might win about 10 Clubs' Rider Of The Year Awards....:D

• Haha 1

Return of speedway at Oxford...one of the success stories of 2022.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Return of speedway at Oxford...one of the success stories of 2022.

They also did a great job of renovating the stadium as well, which had fallen into quite a state of disrepair. In many respects it's better than what it was like before the closure.

• Like 6

Worky's new track - looks a belter, Monarchs reprieved. Wouldn't it be good if they cd get a similar facility

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

They also did a great job of renovating the stadium as well, which had fallen into quite a state of disrepair. In many respects it's better than what it was like before the closure.

Yes all those involved should be congratulated because when I called in some years ago it was in a terrible state!

The positives for me, despite the BSPL:

The quality of the racing on the Leicester Speedway track, the best it's ever been!

Rob Lambert & Dan Bewley's elevation to world class riders

The return of Oxford, went down for the Leicester match and was probably my best Speedway experience of the season!

BSN has been a massive plus this year for the fan of Speedway in general, being able to watch Speedway from around the country at a reasonable price, it'll be interesting to see what they charge next year, if they signed a multi-year deal with the BSPL or whether BSPL will try and cash in

In fact as usual the Speedway on track I have seen this year is as good as it's always been, especially with the kids coming through, it's only the organistion this year which has badly let the sport down

• Like 2

Oxford

Lambert & Bewley graduating to world class status

BSN

Workington's 'new' track

Brennan, Flint, Edwards and Jenkins all making strides as FTR's

Struggling after that! 

• Like 2

Oxford returning with big crowds..very good stadium, although the end of my local team Swindon.

Bewley winning British GP. Lambert doing well.

Worky, which used to be my local track, on way back.

• Like 1

Agree while most of us on the BSF like a good moan (with some justification ) there were some positives in 2022, also many on here may need to think before we post attacking people .....

We may be called keyboard warriors but there are many good ideas and suggestions on this platform .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, topaz325 said:

We may be called keyboard warriors but there are many good ideas and suggestions on this platform .

Trouble is, how often are they actually forwarded to the authorities as "serious" proposals? Discussing things amongst yourselves is one thing, although obviously, we have to rely on the authorities laying their egos to one side, and actually listening...

5 hours ago, chunky said:

Trouble is, how often are they actually forwarded to the authorities as "serious" proposals? Discussing things amongst yourselves is one thing, although obviously, we have to rely on the authorities laying their egos to one side, and actually listening...

One time Oxford Promoter Steve Purchase used to come on to the old Oxford Speedway Forum and pass comments and once held a pre-season meeting where he asked me amongst others to attend due to me contributing on said forum. He also took the trouble occasionally walking round the terraces at Cowley during meetings talking to people...he was a rare breed and a nice bloke.

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

One time Oxford Promoter Steve Purchase used to come on to the old Oxford Speedway Forum and pass comments and once held a pre-season meeting where he asked me amongst others to attend due to me contributing on said forum. He also took the trouble occasionally walking round the terraces at Cowley during meetings talking to people...he was a rare breed and a nice bloke.

I wrote a rather long email to the Leicester promotion offering ideas on how to "cash-in" on their Championship win back at the beginning of last year when they were complaining that the crowds were too low... email was never responded to, not even a courtesy, thanks for your email but go away!

• Sad 2