British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Best Food in the championship

Glasgows' used to be good then last season was switched to outside caterers and went expensive and nowhere near as good.

Only been to a few away meetings (plans to go further afield this year) 

Even though they're our rivals Edinburgh's coffee in the main stand is the best, their hotdogs on the other hand not good.:unsure: 

4 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Glasgows' used to be good then last season was switched to outside caterers and went expensive and nowhere near as good.

Only been to a few away meetings (plans to go further afield this year) 

Even though they're our rivals Edinburgh's coffee in the main stand is the best, their hotdogs on the other hand not good.:unsure: 

Who needs coffee at speedway? Unless you are having trouble staying awake!! :o;)

The best food I have had is from a former track, Rye House. Lakeside wasn't bad either. I am not really helping with the Championship food thing am I? Lol. 

• Like 1

Been to a handful of Championship tracks, and not to lick our own backsides here... but Scunnys burgers and pies are so much better than everywhere else I've been, at very reasonable prices too... Quite enjoy Redcar's food also

• Like 2

Best

Redcar - overall very good

Plymouth - Chicken Curry made by local Indian / Polish sausages cooked by Poles

Glasgow - good when I've been

Edinburgh - good overall

Scunny - decent

Poole - decent

Berwick - average

Birmingham - poor and even worst staff

Oxford - dire but they deserve a further chance

More recent no longer-:

Kent - yuk

Eastbourne - yuk

Lakeside - very good

Somerset - average and very few toilets

Others-:

Mildenhall - old fish and chip suppliers were the stuff of legend = outstanding

Stoke - not bad

Buxton - jesus christ...aarrgghh

Wolves - pains me to say but very decent

Leicester - very good

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Who needs coffee at speedway? Unless you are having trouble staying awake!! :o;)

The best food I have had is from a former track, Rye House. Lakeside wasn't bad either. I am not really helping with the Championship food thing am I? Lol. 

When your the designated driver :D

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Been to a handful of Championship tracks, and not to lick our own backsides here... but Scunnys burgers and pies are so much better than everywhere else I've been, at very reasonable prices too... Quite enjoy Redcar's food also

Hoping to make it down to Scunthorpe this year.

• Like 1

Scunthorpe food is good as is Redcar, Edinburgh food is not bad too, but their hospitality food is excellent and worth the money. Glasgow used to have fab food but since it became outsourced , I am not fond of it at all and it is expensive, gone are the days of homemade soup

Is it Glasgow got the folk in who also do plastic whistle and it's the Donner kebab pies?

I didn't mind the catering switch at Glasgow last year, although I liked it before too. Berwick is always decent. Edinburgh is passable.

Rye House was the best, but growing up a golf swing away from the track, I'd never say a bad word about it...

Certainly wouldn’t eat at Poole. Double Cheeseburger £8. RIP off! Go McD’s before if you need food.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Certainly wouldn’t eat at Poole. Double Cheeseburger £8. RIP off! Go McD’s before if you need food.  

Or kfc Steve and from the tracks I’ve been to it would be Scunthorpe,rye house and Somerset the best for food prob Scunthorpe edging it really gd value and the pie was a very gd portion aswell

Baked potato with tuna and salad from Eastbourne was my top pick. Used to like Lakeside too.

Eastbourne's 'Cheesy Chips' always went down well... especially after a few beers beforehand at The Cricketers Arms in Berwick. (Sadly missed).

Mildenhalls when i was growing up was amazing! Chicken Burger and Chips was the stuff of dreams 

• Like 1