British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Phil Morris appointed Premiership CEO

1 hour ago, Grand Central said:

And so the lack of leadership of the SGP worsens further.

Who gives a toss about SGP?

• Like 3

Every action has a reaction and an end aim.

IMHO this is step 1 on the road to the PL breaking away from BSPL (but still aligning to SCB and therefore ACU) to create a separate entity to optimise TV money and Commercial opportunities and to do effectively what PL has done in soccer, and in similar way to the way Cricket is also redefining on Franchise type basis.

I think they will want an 8 Team League (more riders coming in from Poland will help that) and possibly ultimately 9 or 10.

Poole and Glasgow are the obvious targets.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, midlandred said:

Who gives a toss about SGP?

Me. But not you. 

Someone has just pointed out to me that he is continuing with his GP job anyway whilst doing the PL job in his days off.

So we can both be reassured that he gives a toss about both, equally.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Haha 1

Does it lead to tracks being over watered? :D

• Haha 1

Morris, the silver bullet we’ve all been waiting for..!! Kick them promotors into shape!!  Good luck with that Phil. 

Hopefully he will be given free reign without interference from those within the BSPA or otherwise? Should have happened years ago...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grand Central said:

Me. But not you. 

Someone has just pointed out to me that he is continuing with his GP job anyway whilst doing the PL job in his days off.

So we can both be reassured that he gives a toss about both, equally.

Me neither..the SGP is boring these days..Compared to when it Gollob, Crump, Nicki, Rickardson, Adams etc

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Every action has a reaction and an end aim.

IMHO this is step 1 on the road to the PL breaking away from BSPL (but still aligning to SCB and therefore ACU) to create a separate entity to optimise TV money and Commercial opportunities and to do effectively what PL has done in soccer, and in similar way to the way Cricket is also redefining on Franchise type basis.

I think they will want an 8 Team League (more riders coming in from Poland will help that) and possibly ultimately 9 or 10.

Poole and Glasgow are the obvious targets.

You never know but I would be surprised if Poole did without the guarantee of Weds nights. Which I don't see how you can work it with Denmark riding. Crowd levels are literally half on Thursday nights. 

• Like 1

With all that he has been through in his personal life, hopefully the role will in a strange way provide some sort of therapy and help him and the rest of the family cope with the loss last year. Cannot be easy but wish him much success in the role and that he can take the sport to another level without undue influence or interference.

• Like 3

Does this mean Lambert won't get his end-of-year outing as BV's ringer for the play-offs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Does this mean Lambert won't get his end-of-year outing as BV's ringer for the play-offs?

Maybe. Perhaps Sheffield won't be able to make an extra team change either.

• Like 2

"Integrity, Transparency and Perception"...

Does Phil come on here?:D

Great news...

Just as long as his remit isn't influenced by the self interest of others it could be a major move forward for the sport in the UK...

Chris Louis seems to be a voice that can see the UK version of Speedway's major fundamental issues that hold it back from being taken seriously, (which impacts crowd levels negatively and also major sponsor involvement), but can also see the huge potential that the sport has if ever done "properly" in the UK...

A very positive move, and with the "major names" starting to come back, let's hope the "custodians" see the bigger picture rather than just their own team being "successful" in such a small minority sport, which currently resonates little....

A good year to launch some major marketing of the sport given the quality of riders on offer, and hopefully with his contacts, Phil Morris can help facilitate this...

Just hide the water truck from him on TV race nights...;):D

• Like 5

His first major decision should be to retrospectively remove all tactical joker points from the 2006 play- off final scores.  :o

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, arnieg said:

His first major decision should be to retrospectively remove all tactical joker points from the 2006 play- off final scores.  :o

Give over. Greatest sporting comeback of all time :-)