British Speedway Forum
noaksey

Peterborough v Ippo 27/3

Oh and despite what one or two predicted on here over the winter, I didn’t hear one boo or negative reaction to Sayfutdinov. In fact, the bloke was warmly applauded at the end by the majority or Peterborough supporters who despite being disappointed by defeat, acknowledged class when they saw it which was good to see. 

Edited by Aries
  • Like 3

I hope peterboro arnt going to do a " kennett" with "nikki" and use r/r rest of season !

May only be the first meeting but tonight’s performance from worrall sums up what I think he’ll achieve this season at Peterborough. Not a good enough rider to take up 6.15 of the team limit. I sat there last night saying too those who I went with if he gates he’s fine but if not forget it, I’m trying too scratch my brains too if I’ve ever actually been too a meeting and seen him pass anyone??? I’d expect his average to be little over 5 come the end of the season. Hope buster shoulders the blame for it as he was the one that wanted him in 

12 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

May only be the first meeting but tonight’s performance from worrall sums up what I think he’ll achieve this season at Peterborough. Not a good enough rider to take up 6.15 of the team limit. I sat there last night saying too those who I went with if he gates he’s fine but if not forget it, I’m trying too scratch my brains too if I’ve ever actually been too a meeting and seen him pass anyone??? I’d expect his average to be little over 5 come the end of the season. Hope buster shoulders the blame for it as he was the one that wanted him in 

That’s been his average for the last few years, that’s why I thought he looked a poor signing purely because his average over 6 looks a little expensive. He’s not a bad rider by any means, and he may well hold that 6 point average if he’s kept on. He’ll have a few tracks where he’ll gate and do ok on. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I hope peterboro arnt going to do a " kennett" with "nikki" and use r/r rest of season !

That crossed my mind as well and didn’t similar happen with Vaculvik at Leicester a few season ago crashed in his first race and was never seen again - time will tell I guess . 

3 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

Couple of more stinkers and then he'll be gone Early/Mid May imo.

Buster will only be able to dodge a couple of more bullets until Rob Lyon and Michael Tomalin start getting vocal because neither of them wanted Worrall to begin with.

Purely here due to Buster throwing his weight around in a classic case of jobs for the boys so Worrall has to perform for Buster to save face in the long run.

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

What’s the odds on Pedersen doing the same?

Not yet he won't but one more crash in Britain that rules him out of another meeting and then I think he'll start having some serious thoughts about continuing tbh.

Been under the knife one too many times to a point where his body cant take any kind of hit/bump anymore which is perfectly understandable, Doesn't need the money either so his health will always be the driving force behind any decision that Nicki makes.

Obviously he's determined to make it work at Peterborough otherwise he wouldn't have signed in the first place but if it comes to a point where his body eventually tells him no then he won't fight on imo.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A top two of Pedersen and NKI was never going to be the answer, their careers are only going one way...

37 minutes ago, TTT said:

Couple of more stinkers and then he'll be gone Early/Mid May imo.

Buster will only be able to dodge a couple of more bullets until Rob Lyon and Michael Tomalin start getting vocal because neither of them wanted Worrall to begin with.

Purely here due to Buster throwing his weight around in a classic case of jobs for the boys so Worrall has to perform for Buster to save face in the long run.

Not yet he won't but one more crash in Britain that rules him out of another meeting and then I think he'll start having some serious thoughts about continuing tbh.

Been under the knife one too many times to a point where his body cant take any kind of hit/bump anymore which is perfectly understandable, Doesn't need the money either so his health will always be the driving force behind any decision that Nicki makes.

Obviously he's determined to make it work at Peterborough otherwise he wouldn't have signed in the first place but if it comes to a point where his body eventually tells him no then he won't fight on imo.

Hope you are right mate else we are in the sh*t 

I wouldn't panic if I was a panthers fan. I will admit I didn't see them getting near the play offs just cause of the high chance of injuries. The team on paper is quite good to be honest. I like the reserve pairing. Basso is on the up. Plus experience at the top. Richie worrall is a good speedway rider. You sign him for being a solid rider. That's it. His ideal spot is at reserve or number 4. I think you will get some good meetings still with him. Stick with Richie just purely because he will get some big points away from home. 

3 hours ago, klstarsfan said:

I was on the first/second bend, the track was not soft and no hole! It was super grippy. Dont think Nicki was expecting quite as much grip, sat back on the bike to fire out of the corner, lifted then got out of control and into the fence.

Nicki was complaining before the match started that it was too grippy which is why they changed the white line, their was definitely a rut on the exit of bend two which most of the Panthers team collected at some point during the match, and all of them lost points and ground because of it.

The track clearly wasn’t at its best and with the loss of Pedersen and the other woes, Ipswich took advantage, it’s not the end of the world and it’s still early doors, the meeting itself wasn’t too bad all things considered, the crowd was pretty exceptional though with spectators from various clubs and not just Peterborough and Ipswich.

No panic just yet.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I don't understand why tracks are like this? Is it just a British thing or does this happen anywhere else? 

I think it's a British thing... you hear so many riders making snide (justified) comments about British tracks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Noodles said:

Obviously the result is disappointing.  What I found most disappointing though is that they've had all winter to fix some of the off track issues.  There were problems with the floodlights on home straight last season and there are still umpteen bulbs missing from the pylons.  It is quite dark in the area Nicki crashed and several riders struggled to miss the soft patch.  Also the sound from the tannoy was just awful, it kept breaking up,  then ridiculously loud then gave up all together. 

Along with the delays, it wasn't a good look for opening night in front of a very big crowd.  

Rather than new era it did have more of end of an era feel to it unfortunately. The last opening night at the EoES and that was a very disappointing effort. My mate raised the issues of those bulbs last year and I think that the response was that they wouldn't/couldn't do anything until they had confirmation about a full 2023 season. Well they got that but still 9 of those 24 bulbs are out. That's 37% of the available light not working and does create dark areas, especially bend 2 as you say. Isn't that a H&S issue? How does the ref proceed under those circumstances? Anyone know what the heat 7 interval was about? Communication/information non existent as per usual (unless I missed it due to ineffective PA).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Flappy said:

Interval doesn't seem necessary in speedway tbh

Turns out the interval was held after Heat 7 to allow the riders to fit new tyres as they were all shredded by then.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Nicki is never going to be the sort of rider who will just tootle round at the back and keep out of trouble.  Only knows one way and that's all out and give it everything.  No doubt he can still score well enough, but it seems he gets crocked everything he comes off now.   

• Like 1