British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Sheffield 27 March

21 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Sheffield have riders that can get round our place, certainly cant take anything for granted.

As i was saying Sheffield were the better side, deserved to win, too many last places for us, we didnt deserve anything.

Sheffield the team to beat by the look of it, which we kind of knew already. 

Fear for Lynn a bit on Thursday!

8 hours ago, Heathcote said:

I somehow doubt the superheat will come into play tonight, the 5 tigers remaining from last season only averaged 28 points a meeting between them on their 4 visits to the NSS last season. The addition of Bellego and Gilkes to the septet will not be adding a further 14 points to that total.

Sheffield will have to up their games massively, or Belle Vue have some terrible luck for the Tigers to get close to 40 points this evening 

Did they have some bad luck?

• Haha 1

Just waiting for NSS1 to give his verdict on the meeting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Sheffield the team to beat by the look of it, which we kind of knew already. 

Fear for Lynn a bit on Thursday!

You fear just a bit:unsure:,i fear a lot.I'll be there with my fingers,toes and everything crossed hoping we can hit 40pts.

Aces let down badly by their No1 tonight, think 4 will be his lowest score all season. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

As i was saying Sheffield were the better side, deserved to win, too many last places for us, we didnt deserve anything.

Always going to get results like this at the beginning of the season as there isn't a form guide yet. 

8 hours ago, Heathcote said:

I somehow doubt the superheat will come into play tonight, the 5 tigers remaining from last season only averaged 28 points a meeting between them on their 4 visits to the NSS last season. The addition of Bellego and Gilkes to the septet will not be adding a further 14 points to that total.

Sheffield will have to up their games massively, or Belle Vue have some terrible luck for the Tigers to get close to 40 points this evening 

Looks like we did

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Always going to get results like this at the beginning of the season as there isn't a form guide yet. 

Agree Lisa but even so 9 last places out of 15 is terrible.

5 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Agree Lisa but even so 9 last places out of 15 is terrible.

I guess so. As a comparison Peterborough got 7 last places tonight. 

Enjoyed that tonight, done and dusted by not much after 9pm too..

Plenty of decent racing for a first meeting, with some strange decision making from the Aces riders who kept flying around bends one and two high up against the fence and often getting passed by the Tigers who rode much nearer the kerb.. 

Maybe the team manager should have mentioned it..:D

Amazed at how often the Tigers were on a 1-5 going into the first bend (and by quite a margin too), with whatever gate they came from not making a difference...

The Aces look like a team (as suspected), that is a quality Heat Leader short but maybe that is why Dan is doing so poorly? Meaning they can replace one of their four second string level riders with Robert Lambert in May? Or could he come in as a Rising Star?:D

The team that won the league last year would have found it much harder this season with all the better riders coming in to the other teams, so the team they have will need a huge effort to retain the title given only Bewley and Kurtz are genuine 2023 Premiership level HL's, and, as seen tonight, when one of them isnt on it the team will struggle.. 

Kurtz had sone cracking rides and Musielak is always worth watching wherever he rides, and special mention to Kerr, who ultimately made the difference...

Sheffields league to lose I would suggest looking at how solid they are all the way down, but, as we know, injuries can play a huge part in Speedway which means "you never know"...

A good start to the season though, looking forward to the PCMM next week...

• Like 1

Well I did not see that one coming, and we won this one with Adam Ellis having another off night again.

Looks like we caught Belle Vue cold and at the right time.

So that 2 meetings 1 home and 1 away and maximum league points gained, cannot fault the start to the league campaign.

Well Done Tigers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spin king said:

Well I did not see that one coming, and we won this one with Adam Ellis having another off night again.

Looks like we caught Belle Vue cold and at the right time.

So that 2 meetings 1 home and 1 away and maximum league points gained, cannot fault the start to the league campaign.

Well Done Tigers. 

You beat Belle Vue home and away at start of 2022 too, nothing is won now, just about making top 4 then decided in play offs. 

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

You beat Belle Vue home and away at start of 2022 too, nothing is won now, just about making top 4 then decided in play offs. 

Yes, those two wins helped us win the league cup, didn't win either away match in the league