British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 5/4/23 BSN Series

11 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I think they'll be near the top and will surely be in contention come the playoffs, but saying there's 'little doubt' they will be top is comical.

I hardly saw any Pirates fans there, just a small pocket on the third bend. Can't say I blame them staying away giving the weather forecast, mind. Think it probably kept a few Oxford fans away as well.

I never said Poole will be top. I said at the top end.

The small pocket numbered over 100 and there were plenty more scattered around the rest of the stadium. Certainly a lot were kept away but as always with Poole there’s a good away following

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The small pocket numbered over 100 and there were plenty more scattered around the rest of the stadium. Certainly a lot were kept away but as always with Poole there’s a good away following

Apologies, you did. And they will be, I take it back.

You must have been seeing double!

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A good crowd last night, and when you consider the forecast and many crying off what it could have been. Think Oxford are in for another successful season crowd wise. Yes there were a lot of Poole fans there swelling it, but good anyway.

Agreed , very good considering the pre season concerns of some

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When i was in the queue just after 7 a coach pulled up in sandy lane, i don't know if they were Poole fans, but if so to get a coachful of fans to an away match nowadays is pretty unusual, except for our friends in the frozen north who always seem to rally the troops for an awayday. 

8 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

When i was in the queue just after 7 a coach pulled up in sandy lane, i don't know if they were Poole fans, but if so to get a coachful of fans to an away match nowadays is pretty unusual, except for our friends in the frozen north who always seem to rally the troops for an awayday. 

I could be wrong, but think this was the Unipart shuttle bus. I think it drops off and picks up at Sandy Lane now, due to access issues into Ashville Way last season.

12 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I could be wrong, but think this was the Unipart shuttle bus. I think it drops off and picks up at Sandy Lane now, due to access issues into Ashville Way last season.

Could be, but it came the other way up Sandy Lane. I thought the shuttle was just a minibus, this was a 52 seater or thereabouts 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Could be, but it came the other way up Sandy Lane. I thought the shuttle was just a minibus, this was a 52 seater or thereabouts 

No, the Unipart bus is a big thing. Although I presume it would come from the Garsington Road direction….unless it does some elaborate detour. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

No, the Unipart bus is a big thing. Although I presume it would come from the Garsington Road direction….unless it does some elaborate detour. 

...how I miss those names! Sandy Lane, Watlington and Garsingtion Roads where I grew up!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 4:07 PM, szkocjasid said:

So it's been the Premier Trophy, Jubilee / Summer Trophy, League Cup, Championship shield maybe? I'm sure one year the KOC had group stages too!

This was a new competition introduced last year as the Summer Trophy with 3 regional groups and the winners of each group meeting in a final to be held at a neutral venue, Sheffield. Then  it was re-branded without any press release to the Jubilee Trophy, then the final at a neutral venue was abandoned in favour of a 3 legged final at each of the finalists home tracks, then Glasgow pulled out because Her Majesty the Queen died (:() just leaving Leicester and Poole as the finalists and that final has not been run. Both clubs, months ago, have said the final will be run and then it's been silence! And now we're starting this years competition! It has never been the Premier Trophy, League Cup or Champ Sheild it's only ever been the Summer Trophy and the Jubilee Trophy. Why anybody should support this competition is beyond me... what's the situation for the BSN Series final do you know?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

This was a new competition introduced last year as the Summer Trophy with 3 regional groups and the winners of each group meeting in a final to be held at a neutral venue, Sheffield. Then  it was re-branded without any press release to the Jubilee Trophy, then the final at a neutral venue was abandoned in favour of a 3 legged final at each of the finalists home tracks, then Glasgow pulled out because Her Majesty the Queen died (:() just leaving Leicester and Poole as the finalists and that final has not been run. Both clubs, months ago, have said the final will be run and then it's been silence! And now we're starting this years competition! It has never been the Premier Trophy, League Cup or Champ Sheild it's only ever been the Summer Trophy and the Jubilee Trophy. Why anybody should support this competition is beyond me... what's the situation for the BSN Series final do you know?

3 group winners plus the best runner-up go into 2 semi finals.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, iainb said:

One team won't offer any dates for final that I know

2 minutes ago, weatherman said:

Glasgow by any chance 

19 minutes ago, weatherman said:

Don't care who it is... but this should have been the opening fixture of the season

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Glasgow by any chance 

Glasgow should be banned from all competitions except for the league for this season

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

Don't care who it is... but this should have been the opening fixture of the season

Should have been raced last season. As soon as the play-off final was announced at a neutral venue - should have doubled up as the Trophy final!

• Like 1

Attending the reverse fixture looking forward to it 

Edited by RebelDan
Error