British Speedway Forum
Weeyin

Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

Hard day Gaz football this afternoon then speedway this evening not been a good day at the office.

Father Clancy saw to my day being a sh*tshow yesterday.

AGAIN.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

AGAIN.

God bless him.

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

AGAIN.

Dumb & dumber at centre half didn't help either

Just now, Cerro said:

Dumb & dumber at centre half didn't help either

True.

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I hadn’t realised his starting average was that low, so I guess that will help. But I guess the question is, should he really be expected to do any more than he did this weekend? So maybe the issue is, the number 2 isn’t strong enough. As a 7, I think he’s fine. Bickley at 6 is on a hiding to nothing.

As a 2.5 rider - no

As a rider taking up 4 points in the team - maybe yes.

There was neve much chance of Jacob beating a top 5 Tiger, so it was really Complin who he could've beaten to impress more. That being said he did beat Pijper repeatedly, so should have the beating of many Championship reserves this year.

• Like 1

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Cook/Basso incident, you can bet it will be good for business the next time they meet. 

7 hours ago, SilentLurker said:

Great start to the season for the Tigers but a great evenings racing ruined by that stunt by Craig Cook. I personally found that more than  deliberate at the time and going by his tweet it shows it was. But what do you expect from a man who assaults women.

7 hours ago, Cerro said:

Getting told to harden up off a guy who batters his Mrs :rolleyes:

That's quite an allegation. 

British Speedway Network - COOK BLASTS BASSO AFTER ANGRY BUST-UP

EDINBURGH’S Craig Cook told rival Ben Basso to “harden up” after they came to blows at Ashfield. 

The Monarchs No.5 was excluded from Heat 9 for knocking off Basso during their BSN Series clash on Sunday evening. 

The Dane jumped up and then grabbed Cook as they came to blows before being separated by officials. 

Referee Jim McGregor was forced to speak to both riders following the clash and Cook was excluded from the race. 

Cook said: “He came up the inside of me into turn three, just turned right on me and swung his back end into my wheels. 

“If you want to play games like that, if you want to give it, you’ve got to take it. 

“He’s there calling me fat, this that and the other. It must be hard for him in the race after and getting smoked by a fat man. 

“It’s a man’s game not boys. How about have a spoon full of concrete and harden the f*** up. 

“I don’t care what people think of me, nothing phases me. I’m a different person this year. 

“They can say what they want, call me what they want. It doesn’t matter. I’m my own harshest critic. I don’t give a s*** what anybody says.” 

Glasgow won the feisty battle 51-39 and Basso added: “We had a good battle. I felt like I had closed the door coming into the corner. But out the corner he just ran straight to the fence and into the bike. Then I came down and it was chaos. 

“For about 10 seconds I just lost my temper. I went over to Craig like I shouldn’t have done. I just grabbed his helmet.

“I feel like I am normally in balance with myself. I can control my anger. 

“But he was just chatting s*** a little bit. He said he’s bigger and stronger than me, he can beat me anytime. He can say whatever, I’m going to beat him next time.

“This doesn’t happen with me. It’s one of the first fights I’ve been involved in at a track.”

"He called me fat" 

and

"It's a man's game"

Feels like a bit of a contradiction to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, arnieg said:

"He called me fat" 

and

"It's a man's game"

Feels like a bit of a contradiction to me

He certainly looks like he’s “bulked up” over the winter. Usually these guys start the season at their lowest weight then gain it during the year as late nights and takeaways start to take their toll.

Perhaps Cook is experimenting with doing things in reverse?

“I dont care what anyone says about me but he called me fat” 

Cook is a well known whinger always has been.. 

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays meeting. Especially the first 5-6 heats. 

It did run out of steam towards the end, but with the bonus point not secured until heat 14 kept it interesting.

Lee Complin looks like he is going to be a bit of a fans favourite, always good to see a rider engage with fans on the celebration lap.  Is he the new “The Lee”??

Natural Order restored

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

It’s not an allegation

Also shouldn’t be aired across the forum as it’s not the place for it. In the past both have moved on. Just got to clowns behind a keyboard thinking they’re clever posting about it bet neither would say anything to him or have a clue what they’re on about apart from reading an article in a local rag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Also shouldn’t be aired across the forum as it’s not the place for it. In the past both have moved on. Just got to clowns behind a keyboard thinking they’re clever posting about it bet neither would say anything to him or have a clue what they’re on about apart from reading an article in a local rag.

But all the more reason for Cook to keep his thoughts to himself when he has a dust up I'd have thought. 

• Like 3