British Speedway Forum
rearingtogo

Phil Morris CEO of British Speedway.

9 hours ago, steve roberts said:

He has no credibility regarding his involvement within speedway historically but I guess that this will be just passed over in the great scheme of things.

It is the responsibility of the SCS barrister to completely discredit Clarke Osborne. It shouldn't be difficult to do given his record and his current role in Swindon Motorsports

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Sidney said:

It is the responsibility of the SCS barrister to completely discredit Clarke Osborne. It shouldn't be difficult to do given his record and his current role in Swindon Motorsports

In the  report supplied by Kkp about speedway viability it is factually incorrect to suggest Swindon stadium has closed it is still running dogs and being rebuilt I do hope all these facts have been gone over with a fine tooth comb to discredit is and the likes of osbourne

Edited by Toady
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

Don’t hold your breath 

• Like 1

Phil comes across as quite a likeable chap, but looking back at the 2023 season, what in his role has he changed for the better of the sport?

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Phil comes across as quite a likeable chap, but looking back at the 2023 season, what in his role has he changed for the better of the sport?

He's introduced red blue white and yellow roll off positions in all the pit areas.

3 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

It's not so much what he has changed for this year, but more the 'irons he has in the fire' he has started on behind the scenes for the future.

29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It's not so much what he has changed for this year, but more the 'irons he has in the fire' he has started on behind the scenes for the future.

…….Such as?

46 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

…….Such as?

It is not my place to give details, but there are some innovative plans being put into place.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

It is not my place to give details, but there are some innovative plans being put into place.

Wow that's some statement! Thanks for sharing that deep insight on the Forum!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

Wow that's some statement! Thanks for sharing that deep insight on the Forum!

It wasn't meant to be an "I know something you don't know." statement. It was just in response to the question as to whether Phil has achieved anything this year. Just saying that there are some positives that will hopefully bear fruit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

It wasn't meant to be an "I know something you don't know." statement. It was just in response to the question as to whether Phil has achieved anything this year. Just saying that there are some positives that will hopefully bear fruit.

He managed to get the British Final run when lesser men would have given in to rider pressure. 
One of the reasons why Poland’s top league works is because those running it dictate to the riders not the other way round 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Gambo said:

Hopefully he gets them in place before there's too few clubs for it to matter.

On 10/15/2023 at 11:48 PM, Gambo said:

So the question was what has he achieved not what is he planning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

So the question was what has he achieved not what is he planning.

I would suggest not much visually given such a short amount of time in the role..

Hopefully now he has had some time to review what goes on, and the huge potential that the current operating model delivers, he will he able to influence the required change to move the sport forward..