British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Lion

Leicester vs Belle Vue 19/4/23

3 hours ago, iainb said:

That's a pretty fair summation of things, as you win and lose as a team I feel the special one has to shoulder some responsibility also, although it's easy to say in hindsight, why did he pick Richard Lawson for the super heat? I know Ficke had just come last in heat 15 but that's what you employ your number 1's for, for the big races because they have the experience of competing in the big meetings and in the case of Max also winning them.

Somebody also needs to have a word with Bomber, I love him to bits but he doesn't seem to know which bike to ride. I saw this all last year at Peterborough he'd constantly be swapping his bike during meetings and he did that last night also, switching between GM & a Godden(?). 

If Leicester lost the super heat with Fricke 4th, after he had just finished 4th in heat 15, I can just imagine the comments on here!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If Leicester lost the super heat with Fricke 4th, after he had just finished 4th in heat 15, I can just imagine the comments on here!

True... I was waiting for comments on here when Lemo elected to put Dougy in for a tac sub instead of Bewley in 14, I mean who would have done that! Bewley came 4th in 13 but was still selected for 15 & 16... and won them both. No point having your big number 1 if you ain't gonna use them. Maybe it was a bit of inexperience of the gaffer not being used to the big league.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

True... I was waiting for comments on here when Lemo elected to put Dougy in for a tac sub instead of Bewley in 14, I mean who would have done that! Bewley came 4th in 13 but was still selected for 15 & 16... and won them both. No point having your big number 1 if you ain't gonna use them. Maybe it was a bit of inexperience of the gaffer not being used to the big league.

Don’t know for certain but I would think Bewley wanted to make setup changes after 13.

4 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Don’t know for certain but I would think Bewley wanted to make setup changes after 13.

For which he would have been given extra time, good job Dougy came up with the goods for you or this thread would have gone into meltdown :D

4 hours ago, ouch said:

Of the riders currently competing in the top tier this year, Max is third in the averages to Jason Doyle and Dan. 

He finished third last year and then he was only 0.06 behind Holder. 

There were only six riders that won a GP last season and Max was one of them when he won his second GP in Warsaw. 

But apart from that...:D

Whilst on, great to see the guest system working so well last night...

Always personally been a big fan of it.. :o

Good to read from those there that the racing was decent, given Leicester over the years hasn't always had great press when it comes to the entertainment level being discussed...

The track work paying dividends it seems?

Now..

Who rides Monmore well for the next time, (who doesn't ride for Wolves)?

Hello! Is that you Bomber? ;)

Edited by mikebv

7 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I've heard it suggested that Aces deliberately let Lions have a 4.2 in heat 13 so that they could use a tactical sub in heat 14. If they did, it turned out to be a very smart move on Mark Lemons part! 

That actually seemed to be the case to me as I thought Dan backed off in heat 13.

As you say a smart move by Mark Lemon!

Edited by WembleyLion

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Fricke has appeared in heat 15 in the three home meetings to date. Based on his performances in his programmed rides, it begs the question as to whether he should have been nominated for this heat. His total points return in this final heat is ………one. The majority of people on this forum seem quite chilled about Max ‘give him time, needs to get used to the track etc’ but he really does need to get himself sorted ASAP. Excuses for his sub standard performances are rapidly drying up.

• Like 1

How did Leicester manage to throw this one away.

Maybe it's time to replace Max Fricke and Jake Allen.

52 minutes ago, TTT said:

Give them both time,team not loosing by much at all , two ausie guns

On 4/21/2023 at 2:05 PM, Tinker said:

I don't think you can refer to Max as a "bang average rider." He's way better than that and you know it.

When compared to the Emils, Doyles, Lamberts (which I did) he isn’t in the same league. On the world stage he is a bang average rider. 
SHOULD be doing better than he is, and you know it. 

On 4/21/2023 at 2:05 PM, Tinker said:

I don't think you can refer to Max as a "bang average rider." He's way better than that and you know it.

Really? I’m judging him here and now and on what he is not doing and who is beating him on his home track. He’s only had three home meetings, but is being beaten by visiting riders who have never seen the track before and aren’t heat leaders. But give him time eh? What must the rest of the team think when their No.1 is a passenger and a GP rider at that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Really? I’m judging him here and now and on what he is not doing and who is beating him on his home track. He’s only had three home meetings, but is being beaten by visiting riders who have never seen the track before and aren’t heat leaders. But give him time eh? What must the rest of the team think when their No.1 is a passenger and a GP rider at that?

They possibly think..

"Wow, he has achieved a lot in his career hasn't he? Much more than me, might have a word with him to see if he can get me a team place in Poland"...;)

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

They possibly think..

"Wow, he has achieved a lot in his career hasn't he? Much more than me, might have a word with him to see if he can get me a team place in Poland"...;)

You’ll be fitting Bewley, Lambert, Fricke, Kurtz AND Zagar in next season at this rate… ;) 

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2023 at 8:15 AM, TTT said:

Who they gonna replace max fricke with ffs?

speedway fans are so fickle, imagine in other sports you don’t score a hat trick for a couple of games and you just lose your job 

• Like 3

For those who weren't at the meeting or didn't stay afterwards you should know some of things Max said in interview post racing. He described himself as "The weak link" and his performances are "Just not good enough".

So if anyone thinks he's just collecting the cash and doesn't care about the team, think again.

• Like 3