British Speedway Forum

The longer this Jubilee Final drags on the more embarrassing it becomes for the sport. What started as a one off three team final, then became a two legged affair for the two reams that we’re still bothered (in what other sport, at any level, would a team reach a final and lose interest?) and now we are down to a one off meeting with an under strength away side made up of guests. But after over a year, the final format may even change again if it is ever raced. If there is actually a physical trophy, sell the bloody thing for scrap and give the money to the Ben Fund. Let’s all just move on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

The longer this Jubilee Final drags on the more embarrassing it becomes for the sport. What started as a one off three team final, then became a two legged affair for the two reams that we’re still bothered (in what other sport, at any level, would a team reach a final and lose interest?) and now we are down to a one off meeting with an under strength away side made up of guests. But after over a year, the final format may even change again if it is ever raced. If there is actually a physical trophy, sell the bloody thing for scrap and give the money to the Ben Fund. Let’s all just move on.

Melt the trophy down and then I can have it made into my flat white coffee cup!  :D

On 10/24/2023 at 10:37 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Struggle to understand why Wolverhampton council never stepped in to say speedway must remain and refuse planning permission for dogs on a monday night. 

As for tomorrow, its not a challenge. Every team in the league participated and so its no different to the k o cup. Just a shame leicester couldnt get their act together last season. 

The isn't going to be dogs on Monday nights next year the stadium will be empty.They just wanted rid of the speedway 

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

No comment 

Unusual for you :icon_smile_clown:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, lbw said:

Melt the trophy down and then I can have it made into my flat white coffee cup!  :D

Not sure how easy a congealed lump of plastic will be to mould though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So if your team had a 'meaningless' end of season challenge, you wouldn't go and support it?

No I wouldn’t especially if it means nothing and racing against a select 7 in a match that my team will win easily … I have better things to spend my money on…. I only missed 2 matches at Foxhall this season but if we was racing a very weak team in a match that means nothing I wouldn’t spend £50 of my money no

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shows how big Poole are compared to any other club when if we actually lose a final there’s a pile on. So rare has been this event. And next year we can be sure Poole will be up there again at the end of the season. Has been this way since the millennium and nothing will change that. 

A shame tonight is off but the rain was torrential last night and with rain still around at the moment it’s no surprise. Hopefully there’s time to re-arrange before 1st November

No you fool the reason there is a pile on is because of people like you who dish it out week after week and yet can’t take it back 

Poole are disliked for their antics over the years and the absolute buffoons of supporters on here who literally have no clue about the sport 

Ask most fans on here which club has the most pathetic fan base and Poole would win by a mile

That said people like foreverblue and rayc are decent enough 

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

No I wouldn’t especially if it means nothing and racing against a select 7 in a match that my team will win easily … I have better things to spend my money on…. I only missed 2 matches at Foxhall this season but if we was racing a very weak team in a match that means nothing I wouldn’t spend £50 of my money 

That said people like foreverblue and rayc are decent enough 

£50? Thats piracy - especially for a non-fan!!:t:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

RESCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2023.

Good stuff. Fingers crossed the weather stays dry enough for this to take place and we win our second team trophy of the year. Tomorrow is mostly a dry day with the occasional shower passing through. Friday similar with 40% chance of. Shower currently. 

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good stuff. Fingers crossed the weather stays dry enough for this to take place and we win our second team trophy of the year. Tomorrow is mostly a dry day with the occasional shower passing through. Friday similar with 40% chance of. Shower currently. 

Lets hope the tide isn't in :rofl:(If you know you know) ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

RESCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2023.

Doesn't leave much time for the 2nd leg

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

The isn't going to be dogs on Monday nights next year the stadium will be empty.They just wanted rid of the speedway 

I saw the dogs one day last week on a sky channel,their was no one in the stands,how have they got away with this?

39 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I saw the dogs one day last week on a sky channel,their was no one in the stands,how have they got away with this?

Bookies bank roll it for the betting.