British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pvm

Workington, Steve Lawson interview

Just seen this on the Workington thread in the National League section, and I thought it was worthy of a greater audience as not everyone looks in the National League section.

This should be used as a blueprint for all future tracks in the UK.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, pvm said:

Just seen this on the Workington thread in the National League section, and I thought it was worthy of a greater audience as not everyone looks in the National League section.

This should be used as a blueprint for all future tracks in the UK.

A true legend...brilliant stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish everyone involved all the luck in the world and a very big well done, and good luck to Workington in the coming season, whilst its obviously a work in progress "Rome was'nt built in a day" the main part is already done..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Dan Bewley was having a blast round on Tuesday, coverage was on BBC look north on Tuesday, also going to be on ITV border news, also interviewed Steve Lawson 

Thanks for that. Looks like it’s going to be a great track, and produce some great racing, with plenty of room. All the best.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Who's put the money into this venture?

Really wish the reformed Comets all the best in the future. Looks like a great little set-up. Reminds me of a track I saw in Norway years ago. Hope that it is a successful future for the Comets. 

In a perfect situation something like this in the Eastbourne area would be great but I wonder if green-belt and cost of land would obviously be an issue in the South of England or relatively close to towns / cities like Peterborough or Swindon 

Edited by Hackett
  • Like 1