British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Leicester v Lynn 11/05/23

I'm missing the one due to due holiday commitments but maybe the weather gods may decide the outcome anyways. Another tough meeting for both sides. Losing Pickering is big boost for Leicester. Brennan is a decent replacement but is no Josh. Interesting to see if KK can produce some magic. I heard someone say he got a 15pt max one time at leicester? Klint goes well there along with TJ. I do think if fricke can ride like he did last week then the lions will pull through.

52-38 lions .

If KK turns up and klindt gets going something like 48-42. If not who knows.. 54-36 maybe ?

Another away loss imo.Dependant on KK 50-40.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

I'm missing the one due to due holiday commitments but maybe the weather gods may decide the outcome anyways. Another tough meeting for both sides. Losing Pickering is big boost for Leicester. Brennan is a decent replacement but is no Josh. Interesting to see if KK can produce some magic. I heard someone say he got a 15pt max one time at leicester? Klint goes well there along with TJ. I do think if fricke can ride like he did last week then the lions will pull through.

52-38 lions .

I Pickering 22 is not the same Pickering in 23,Brennan good replacement but not good enough,go the lions

• Haha 1

I don't want to be a doom and gloom merchant but if the weather is anything like it has been for the last few days in Leicester and it is forecast to be,  then this week be off. We've had a lot of rain with heavy showers at 3pm with rain continuing until around 6pm for the last few days... hope I'm wrong!

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't want to be a doom and gloom merchant but if the weather is anything like it has been for the last few days in Leicester and it is forecast to be,  then this week be off. We've had a lot of rain with heavy showers at 3pm with rain continuing until around 6pm for the last few days... hope I'm wrong!

We had the same forecast down here in Suffolk for yesterday, scattered thundery showers some heavy. We never had a single drop here in Ipswich but I know others a bit further afield did. Same is forecast for today but they’re so hit and miss they’re impossible to call. If you get caught in one, it seems it would completely wash the track away! But you MIGHT be lucky and escape them completely, or you could encounter a quick flood. 50/50..

• Haha 1

Breaking News...

Due to an inclement Long Range Weather forecast for the coming weeks and months the PL and BSPL / SCB have decided to halt the League Programme with immediate effect.

A one Off League Title 7 Team Tournament Knock out will be arranged for Leicester on the weekend of October 28/29th.

PL Consultant Phil Morris said, we always get a weather break at the end of the season and we can put on a fantastic Firework Display costing thousands and it'll make it a fantastic event. We have consulted with the Company that provide the fantastic fabric roof on the Stands at Leicester and they are going to construct a wrap around version that will cover the track just above floodlight level so we'll be weather proofed. We'll start manning the Track soakaway chambers now so we'll have any water pumped off in good time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's raining already :(

Meeting off, waterlogged track 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Meeting off, waterlogged track 

It never used to rain this much on Saturdays!

• Haha 2

That's another defeat averted for now.

• Like 1

Not doubting the track at the time of the call off was not looking good & any additional rain would only add to the problem. 
However, promoters being keen to avoid wasted travel costs has added Weight behind this particular decision. 
Shame the decision has been followed by nothing other than glorious sunshine. Let’s hope it pours down between now and 7pm to justify the decision,

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

A drying wind too but you can't win when there is a Met Office warning for thunderstorms for most of Central and Eastern England.