British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Redcar vs Poole BSN SF 2nd leg 20th May

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Noticeable how good the Cook pairing have become. Ben Cook has come on leaps and bounds and is now a proper heat leader. Just seems to improve week on week. Zach is being dragged along and also striding forward. Both riding in the Premier helps no end. 

To be honest I expected Redcar to come out fighting but they were never given the opportunity. Hume and Bailey were no match for Cook and R/R tonight, and Edwards had a mare. Mulford is finding it as tough as Ablitt found it at Poole last season. Those that had Redcar as favourites for the league might have to re-assess.

Glasgow look the strongest team but will they see off a Poole team in the final? Should be a thriller. Record viewing figures for BSN?

Redcar we’re poor ,but the Cooks are still improving so good middle order pairing, similar to Glasgow with Basso &Vissing.Interesting final.Poole slight favourites IMO.

While Basso is young, Vissing is in the twilight of his career. Both Ben, and especially Zach, are young riders learning their way. Vissing isn’t as good as he was (though still a very decent rider) It will be interesting to see who is the better rider in a couple of years time between the Cooks and Basso. I expected Ben Basso to have a Stellar rise last year but it failed to materialise. Perhaps it was a year of consolidation.  Will Basso have a career path of Nikolai Klindt or Nicki Pedersen?

I don’t expect either of the Cooks to have such a career but both could make solid heat leaders in both the Championship and Premier league. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

While Basso is young, Vissing is in the twilight of his career. Both Ben, and especially Zach, are young riders learning their way. Vissing isn’t as good as he was (though still a very decent rider) It will be interesting to see who is the better rider in a couple of years time between the Cooks and Basso. I expected Ben Basso to have a Stellar rise last year but it failed to materialise. Perhaps it was a year of consolidation.  Will Basso have a career path of Nikolai Klindt or Nicki Pedersen?

I don’t expect either of the Cooks to have such a career but both could make solid heat leaders in both the Championship and Premier league. 

Think Basso will have a good career,consolidation  last year.

Just in from family party didn't see that result coming, Edwards only getting 1 is a real shock. Hoping with bomber in the side we might get 35 at Poole this season lol. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

50/50 and one angle shows Steve pretty much passed him when he started to go down.

Ref got it right. I was standing on the 2nd bend, Worrall was ahead going into the corner, Edwards tried to drop it on him, but he was half a bike behind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Basso upper his average from a 5.00 assessed to an 8.5 ave & got over 6 in the Prem. Were you expecting more from him?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Basso upper his average from a 5.00 assessed to an 8.5 ave & got over 6 in the Prem. Were you expecting more from him?

The assessed average was a red herring though as he’d just failed to get an official average. Does anyone know what was his true, not official, average at the beginning of 2022?

27 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

The assessed average was a red herring though as he’d just failed to get an official average. Does anyone know what was his true, not official, average at the beginning of 2022?

Funnily enough it was 5.00 (although his all match average was about 5.7 thanks to big scores in end of season play-offfs)

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2016/ridercareer.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=x&mc4=x&name=Benjamin Basso

So if I heard it right, BSN commentary said the final legs would be in June?! Will Glasgow want to ride on a Wednesday at Poole during the Danish season??;)

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Funnily enough it was 5.00 (although his all match average was about 5.7 thanks to big scores in end of season play-offfs)

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2016/ridercareer.php?mc1=s&mc2=rc&mc3=x&mc4=x&name=Benjamin Basso

Thank you. At 5.7, so quickly, he certainly hit the ground running. Huge potential but will 2023 be his last year in UK?

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So if I heard it right, BSN commentary said the final legs would be in June?! Will Glasgow want to ride on a Wednesday at Poole during the Danish season??;)

Would Poole want to take on a weakened team, especially one without box office Basso? Or has the win at all costs mentality spread from father to son?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They actually said end of June. Which is only a week before Danish break, so maybe they might not have a meeting the week before? 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They actually said end of June. Which is only a week before Danish break, so maybe they might not have a meeting the week before? 

Pirates already agreed to Glasgow at home in the League on Weds 5th July to accommodate the Danish break. Weds 28th June is currently free but Glasgow on successive Wednesdays??

• Like 1