British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King’s Lynn v Sheffield 01/06/23

40 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

A regular poster about Lynn on Facebook said it was a really good crowd last night

There was a good crowd last night, many turning out to see laguta  no doubt. How many of those extra will come back next week after the teams dire performance is anyones guess.

41 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Well I watched it on BSN and it looked dreadful, I can only compare it to when we went to watch Peterborough there the other week and it didn’t look any better.

The camera angles must have been deceptive then because there was a very decent crowd and the car parks were full. Many more people there than a couple of weeks ago. 

Need more changes before next week, Jakobsen and Edwards especially!... Jorgie and Tofty not far behind them though 

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Well I watched it on BSN and it looked dreadful, I can only compare it to when we went to watch Peterborough there the other week and it didn’t look any better.

I don't know what angles BSN were showing, because I'm not into that.  But I was at the meeting, and it was a big crowd, with people queuing from the ticket office through the car park and out onto the street 15-minutes before start time, that's why the start was delayed.

22 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Need more changes before next week, Jakobsen and Edwards especially!... Jorgie and Tofty not far behind them though 

Not sure just were the 4 new rider are going to come from ? Have you a few names ? And I’d have thought the budget has been broken with Laguta- might get a change in rising star position that’s possible and if Pboro sign new riders as rumoured might get some ex Pboro riders but would they really be any better riders a dropped for a reason 

2 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Edited by SlicktrackSandy
Inaccurate

16 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I don't know what angles BSN were showing, because I'm not into that.  But I was at the meeting, and it was a big crowd, with people queuing from the ticket office through the car park and out onto the street 15-minutes before start time, that's why the start was delayed.

I watched the riders parade which showed the terraces as the riders went round the track, from what I saw the crowd looked dreadful, BSN showed the queues outside when it mentioned the delay, the main gate queue showed 30 at best which is why I mentioned it.

The queue seen was just in front of the ticket office and at that point didn’t extend into the car park let alone the street, this was at the published start time of 7.30pm.

Edited by bigcatdiary

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Which is never going to change while Buster fills the place with stock car fans once a month.

The Stock Cars have two dates in June, four in July and five in August! So Trackstar, who like the Speedway, rent the stadium are getting the crowds in far more than once a month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lynnfan91 said:

I was expecting Edwards to be scoring more than he is but he's still one of the better RS available i think, and tbf the ain't really many better options out there as Ipi are finding having Thompson as their RS and pretty much not recording more than the odd point at best most meetings.

15 hours ago, iainb said:

How's Laguta been doing in Poland?

4th in Ekstraliga Averages behind Madsen, Sayfutdinov & Zmarzlik.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Don't think the signing makes the team poorer,Laguta is a class rider and Kye certainly done his bit,it was the remaining ones that let everyone down by putting in an even poorer display than they normally do.

I do ..the old team was a lot stronger and could at least win at home..this side is going to get smashed home and away ..Weak reserves now as well .

12 minutes ago, orion said:

I do ..the old team was a lot stronger and could at least win at home..this side is going to get smashed home and away ..Weak reserves now as well .

Granted you would expect Pickering to be better than Kye,but on the other hand Laguta will be better than KK.So i don't think the old team is a lot stronger.Imo Pickering will be back when fully fit too.

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I couldn't hear single one. Unfortunatlty, Kevin for the most part was giving them when their was bike noise, plus he tends to let his voice drop when he gets to the winning times.
But, he's had to step into Edwin's shoes, without doing this job on a regular basis, so hopefully will get better from that point of view, as time passes.    

Thank you very much anyway. 

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

I was expecting Edwards to be scoring more than he is but he's still one of the better RS available i think, and tbf the ain't really many better options out there as Ipi are finding having Thompson as their RS and pretty much not recording more than the odd point at best most meetings.

That is a big problem for British league speedway we have produced the big 2 Bewley and (Lambert who chooses not to ride over here ). but since Ellis (27) and the 30 ish  plus brits Worrals. Wright Lawson etc. Brennan is the only rider i.m.o who seems to be showing any real promise of reaching Prem league heat leader status,and from what i can see most of the young riders out there look no better than Champ league level at best .If this is the case what happens when the 30 plus riders are past there best.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

That is a big problem for British league speedway we have produced the big 2 Bewley and (Lambert who chooses not to ride over here ). but since Ellis (27) and the 30 ish  plus brits Worrals. Wright Lawson etc. Brennan is the only rider i.m.o who seems to be showing any real promise of reaching Prem league heat leader status,and from what i can see most of the young riders out there look no better than Champ league level at best .If this is the case what happens when the 30 plus riders are past there best.

Possibly one league with clubs racing on nights that best suit them not dictated by overseas race nights.

In reality the league as it stands aspires to something it cannot possibly achieve with the real returns for high flyers being Poland therefore why does the U.K. try to compete by paying some stars top dollar (and yes the likes of Doyle etc deserve it) with a long tail in each team of second strings when in reality the sport in this country can not afford those top guys. If you look at the three top teams in the region, they would be hard pushed between them putting out a competitive team that could operate in the top Polish league. It can go one of two ways in the future, complete revamp under the BSPL or Nora. The way some clubs have been treated recently, many will need to consider what will work best for them, a dictatorship running the show or the show being run with spectators in mind.

• Like 1