British Speedway Forum
Speedway fan

under 19 FINAL --Birmingham June 28th -sponsorship opportunities

I've just read that in speedway star, Dan says he was sacked by txt message. Pretty cowardly and gutless in my opinion. I'm sure he would have accepted it better with a phone call or better still face to face 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bruno said:

I've just read that in speedway star, Dan says he was sacked by txt message. Pretty cowardly and gutless in my opinion. I'm sure he would have accepted it better with a phone call or better still face to face 

Dickson has gone down in my estimation because of this... I've been binned off by email in the past, like you say cowardly. Turns out the special one is not so special after all. 

On 6/24/2023 at 1:45 PM, bruno said:

Sacked by whom? Ipswich, Leicester, Birmingham?

3 hours ago, StephenMiller said:

Leicester

Well, that's a relief ... what did he do to get the bullet?

50 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

I’m going for Ashton Boughen to be on the rostrum 

I was going to say the same but you beat me to it.  Possibly the most underrated rider in the class at the moment.  I wonder which Championship club will pick him up at the end of August?

47 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

I’m going for Ashton Boughen to be on the rostrum 

Agreed, which would be quite an achievement for a 15 year-old.

6 minutes ago, SJA said:

I was going to say the same but you beat me to it.  Possibly the most underrated rider in the class at the moment.  I wonder which Championship club will pick him up at the end of August?

I don't think he's underrated - the exact opposite in fact. Surely one of the most exciting prospects in the country right now.

31 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Agreed, which would be quite an achievement for a 15 year-old.

I don't think he's underrated - the exact opposite in fact. Surely one of the most exciting prospects in the country right now.

I think people are being a little more cautious in hyping up youngsters after getting a little over-excited over Palin, Thompson x2, Ablitt, Bickley, Kemp etc

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I think people are being a little more cautious in hyping up youngsters after getting a little over-excited over Palin, Thompson x2, Ablitt, Bickley, Kemp etc

Yeah, I appreciate that, I just haven't seen anybody being cautious in regards to Boughen. Only heard superlatives (apart from the Workington fiasco, but that didn't exactly involve anything he did on a bike).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SJA said:

Possibly the most underrated rider in the class at the moment. 

Not sure how you've arrived at this conclusion.   It's quite the opposite.  He's the most highly rated in his class.   He's miles ahead in the British Youth Championship.  He's won all 4 of the British Youth rounds he's competed in, and dropped only 2 points in all the youth meetings combined.

He was the most in-demand uncontracted rider for 3.00 NDL guest bookings last season, and every NDL team would have been happy to sign him for this year.   He's being tipped as a rostrum contender for the British Under-19 Championship.

Everyone is aware of him and everyone rates him.   You seem to be the only person underrating him!

I suspect Mulford is going to want a bit of stopping as he's on a bit of a hot streak atm. For the rest of the podium it will be riders who don't throw points away with falls or engine failures. Wouldn't be shocked to see Trigger on the podium either. 

51 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I suspect Mulford is going to want a bit of stopping as he's on a bit of a hot streak atm. For the rest of the podium it will be riders who don't throw points away with falls or engine failures. Wouldn't be shocked to see Trigger on the podium either. 

Let's hope that the weather holds out. And the meeting's run smoothly should be a good meeting. 

Any weather updates from the Birmingham area lads? I thought I'd have a look at the live stream tonight, but the rain radar shows some dodgy looking bands of rain heading across the area from the West. Hopefully not heavy enough for a cancellation.