British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Plymouth Gladiators Vs Poole Pirates Championship 6/6 23

Coming down to the Coluesium for this fixture.

Always a tricky venue to come away with any points. The Gladiators have replaced Paul Starke with Ben Morley who will definitely score points at home and will make it tougher for the away teams.

The Pirates,will all need to be firing on the night if we have any  chance of success on Tuesday.

Thoughts?

65-25, Plymouth to take their foot off the gas towards the end off the meeting enabling Poole to muster 25.

• Haha 1

I reckon your about right skidder because your reserves out better than ours.

So people say Morley is an upgrade on Starke. But, Starke got 12+2 against us in BSN series and we only lost by 2. So think we will be okay to keep it close?

Famous last words! :D

Poole will take some stopping with the Cook Bros in the engine room, and the reserves are much stronger than the glad rags reserves.

If ever there was a chance of beating Poole, this has to be the meeting for Plymouth. Steve Worrall, by his own admission has become Mr Second Place, Richard Lawson doesn’t seem to be 100% fit and Roynon seems to have lost his early season sparkle. But I’m usually wrong!

6 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

If ever there was a chance of beating Poole, this has to be the meeting for Plymouth. Steve Worrall, by his own admission has become Mr Second Place, Richard Lawson doesn’t seem to be 100% fit and Roynon seems to have lost his early season sparkle. But I’m usually wrong!

They have already beaten is in BSN group stage and we won there in KOC, so prob be a draw and a SUPERHEAT!! :D:party:

Plymouth fans must be bored of seeing Poole are my thoughts.

• Like 5

And vice versa. Ridiculous meeting the same club so many times in the first part of the season. At least the weather is set fair and no chance of a rainoff for either legs. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

Going to be a close and exciting meeting for everyone to enjoy. Poole should just about edge this one 48-42

C'mon Ben and Zach, both in excellent form and lead the way in inspiring the rest of the team to greatness.

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And vice versa. Ridiculous meeting the same club so many times in the first part of the season. At least the weather is set fair and no chance of a rainoff for either legs. 

I'm surprised the same programme isn't used for each meeting! :rofl:

Edited by lbw

21 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Plymouth fans must be bored of seeing Poole are my thoughts.

Poole  6th June. 

Who ever compiled the Gladiators 2023 fixtures has done the Plymouth fans & management no favours what so ever. 

Who is this person please?   Pasted from my previous post, still no name/s as to who is responsible!

4 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Poole  6th June. 

Who ever compiled the Gladiators 2023 fixtures has done the Plymouth fans & management no favours what so ever. 

Who is this person please?   Pasted from my previous post, still no name/s as to who is responsible!

Bspl

The idiocy of a regionalised Spring BSN Cup and a regionalised KOCup draw has a lot to answer for. 

The lunacy of then scheduling the corresponding League matches so early in the cycle  compounds the issue. Why not have corresponding League fixtures in late July or August. 

I'm told the Promoters used to sit down in Rugby and plan Fixtures on a day but since Covid it's now done by John Campbell. Poor bloke, can't be easy or a job anyone would want. 

Surely if they have a Spring Cup insist last 2 league fixtures are v teams you face in that Group and make KOCup an open fair draw. 

Edited by HGould
Spelling
  • Like 1