British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v OXFORD (Championship) Saturday 17th - 7pm

14 minutes ago, screm said:

Jorgensen was a poor signing at the start of the season, and he`s getting steadily worse. This wouldn't be tolerated at most other clubs.

He should still be a 7 pointer. It's acceptable losing to Oxford big 3 but shouldn't be scoring 1 against their bottom 4 imo. But yes 1 point from your number 2 shouldn't be tolerated anywhere 

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

He should still be a 7 pointer. It's acceptable losing to Oxford big 3 but shouldn't be scoring 1 against their bottom 4 imo. But yes 1 point from your number 2 shouldn't be tolerated anywhere 

You'd surprised! But I think it depends who the rider is and the strength of relationship they have with the club's management. 

You know it’s getting bad when the commentators are telling the Berwick reserves to let the heat leaders through to chase the opposition.!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HGould said:

Atkins is rubbing Garry May's face on the dirt with every point he is scoring 

Dumped him at Somerset, dumped him at Plymouth. 

The kid has always had ability just needed the right environment. 

We'll done Oxford 

Disagree with the second part of that comment, Atkins walked away from Plymouth, they didn't want to drop him (from either team). I agree Atkins is riding well for Oxford, but his form isn't an "I told you so" to anyone.

Edited by szkocjasid

I'm starting to think Berwick, Birmingham, Edinburgh & Plymouth could lose every home match, except to each other. But one of them will still make the play-offs

• Like 1

It looked as jorgensen was flying in the race he retired in passing both riders so not sure if was on 2nd bike after that as looked terribly slow.

Henry Atkins match winner for Oxford, rode the inside brilliantly on bends 3 and 4 which you very rarely see at Berwick. 

Great result for Oxford, but Kinsley’s form is a little concerning in my opinion. He started well, but seems to be struggling at the moment, and is a definite weak link. With no sign of a Killeen return any time soon, I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite Oxford in a close match. 

1 hour ago, screm said:

Young Atkins was probably Oxford`s match winner.

He certainly was for me especially after his first ride when the track looked a bit patchy

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

That was poor all round from Bandits.Oxford lost their 3rd heat on the first bend and it was still not a last heat decider.Deary Me.Don’t think even the most ardent Bandits  fan think Nichols and Masters would have been on the wrong end of a 5/1 if it had mattered.

Riss had gated and was leading heat 13 when it was pulled back for masters jumping the start. Nicholas with a flyer in the re run and got away with it.

Oxford riders both moved in heat 14 and got away with it (got my program wrong as had hook in 3rd place also).

Scott said he was disappointed along with Sam about missing a maximum as you like to get maximums especially away from home. He said the fuel cap he lost during the race had no bearing on the heat result.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Riss had gated and was leading heat 13 when it was pulled back for masters jumping the start. Nicholas with a flyer in the re run and got away with it.

Oxford riders both moved in heat 14 and got away with it (got my program wrong as had hook in 3rd place also).

Scott said he was disappointed along with Sam about missing a maximum as you like to get maximums especially away from home. He said the fuel cap he lost during the race had no bearing on the heat result.

Think if you watch the stream you will see that Nichols never moves till the tapes went up but TJ is that slow to react that it looks like a flyer for Scott.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

That was poor all round from Bandits.Oxford lost their 3rd heat on the first bend and it was still not a last heat decider.Deary Me.Don’t think even the most ardent Bandits  fan think Nichols and Masters would have been on the wrong end of a 5/1 if it had mattered.

Spot on anyone who doesn't agree wasn't watching the same meeting 

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Great result for Oxford, but Kinsley’s form is a little concerning in my opinion. He started well, but seems to be struggling at the moment, and is a definite weak link. With no sign of a Killeen return any time soon, I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite Oxford in a close match. 

Ryan's got 6 double figure scores in 7 Chargers matches and scored paid 14 points from 3 Cheetahs home matches. Anything he scores away from home is a bonus. You can't realistically expect much more from a 2 point rider.

Edited by arnieg

Oxford could have won by more, I was surprised they didn't use a tac sub in heat 6. Masters had already beaten Ross/Flint, so a 5-1 with Nicholls would've put them right back into the match (whilst meaning the reserves taking one less ride) of course it didn't matter in the end!

Edit: Unless Berwick can win by 4 or 6 at Oxford lol!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

His first match was at home to Plymouth (the team with the weakest reserves in the league) so he probably looked better than he actually is. Now he's just showing his usual form, NL heat leader, but struggles in the Champ!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Ryan's got 6 double figure scores in 7 Chargers matches and scored paid 14 points from 3 Cheetahs home matches. Anything he scores away from home is a bonus. You can't realistically expect much more from a 2 point rider.

Yeah, maybe I am being a bit harsh on him. It just feels like his form is starting to desert him a bit - scoring has dried up in the Champ after a positive start and he’s definitely struggling a bit more in the NDL as well. Not sure there is a better solution out there, mind. As you say, you probably can’t realistically expect much more from a 2 pointer in the Championship.